MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

LOTW Kenora/Ash Rapids

7/6/18 @ 7:41 AM
INITIAL POST
BirdDog815
BirdDog815
User since 3/11/17

Any reports on water level? I have been heading up that way for the last several years. I stay at Ash Rapids Lodge and fish Ptarmigan Bay and Shoal Lake area.  Usually do pretty good. The Smallmouth fishing is phenomenal and have a hard time finding Walleye small enough to clean.

Will be up that way the 14th thru the 21st. Anybody been fishing that area?

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
8/21/18 @ 4:26 PM
jld
User since 1/21/04

Thanks Ken.  PM sent.

8/21/18 @ 7:47 AM
Fireman Ken
User since 6/14/13

JLD,  heading up to the same area this weekend for a week.   I heard the fish were in the weeds last week, but that was last week.   From past years up there you need to fish everything.  Rocky shorelines & points, reefs, sandy beach areas and weeds when you can find them.  Different sizes of bucktails, minnow/crank baits, surface lures, jerk baits.   Mostly shallow lures, but bring a few deep divers in case the fish have moved deep.  

Good luck.

8/18/18 @ 12:20 PM
jld
User since 1/21/04

Heading up to LOW for the first time.  Will be in the Morson area.  Any tips for walleye/perch/lake trout would be appreciated.  Depth, presentation, bait...etc.  Anything to speed up the learning curve. 

8/6/18 @ 6:32 AM
BirdDog815
BirdDog815
User since 3/11/17

We had a good trip this year BuicketMouth. Check you PM.

Plenty of walleye and smallmouth. the water is generally pretty clear in our area. We spent a day east and south of camp 15 miles or so and the water was a bit darker but the fishinf was good also.

7/10/18 @ 11:29 AM
BucketMouth123
BucketMouth123
User since 5/6/16

BD,

We usually fish Eagle but I kind of have interest in changing it up just for something fresh. Is there good numbers of walleye or just larger size? Size on smallmouth good as well? From what I'm gathering with research is seems like it is clear water. I also like to musky fish so I am curious how people do there as well. Any insights? Deep water structure fishing or shallow weedline fishing? 

Thanks

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE