Lodge/Cabin Recommendation

6/17/14 @ 10:51 PM
ORIGINAL POST
eyezonz
eyezonz
USER since 2/7/12
Please help starting to get overwhelmed. Looking to plan a trip to Canada this August. Can any one recommended a lodge cabin that encompasses the most of the following list. *big walleye *musky *bass *nothern *brook trout *lake trout would like all species of fish to be present with out traveling away from lake by land *bait included * drive in * nice cabins * wifi * full kitchen * satellite tv would be nice but not necessarily needed also the shorter the distance from international falls the better thanks ahead of time
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
6/19/14 @ 5:09 AM
Deerlake1
Deerlake1
USER since 6/20/13
Try Temple Bay Lodge .125 miles north of International Falls. I think the only thing they don't have on Eagle Lake (60,000 acres, 400+ islands)is the Brook Trout, but I maybe wrong, lots of small streams flowing into the lake though. They have a great bus trip with their coach bus , that leaves the driving to them. Comes out of Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota & Wisconsin. I have been there 8 times and go back July 1 again this year , out of Central Wisconsin Bus Trip. Big walleyes are very common here. Last years trip biggest 31 1/2" along with a 29" and too many to count 20 -26". Eagle Lake is known for giant Muskie. Check their website for a video and phone number and talk with Jeff. He can help you out with your questions. You can drive up or take bus. Food is great. You won't go hungry !!!! Good Luck!

Post Your Comment
6/18/14 @ 5:56 PM
NARDA1
NARDA1
USER since 3/27/11
See your post on Walleye Central. www.birchdalelodge.com Terry

Post Your Comment
6/18/14 @ 3:43 PM
vegas492
vegas492
USER since 5/21/03
You can get great walleye, bass, pike and perch in Waubaskang Lake.

I have been there many, many times and Peffleys Resort is the best on the lake.

You actually get transported by boat into the lake, so it is a remote experience. With a generator for electricity which isn't a problem and live bait on site.

It is very close to the best fishing parts of that lake and it connects to Wine Lake, which has very good lake trout fishing.

There is even a walk in lake close to camp that you can go to that has an unreal amount of walleye/pike in it.

Give ole Dave a call, he can hook you up. What you give up is muskies, but what you gain is a true wilderness lodge that is remote with tons of different offerings.

807-222-3184. I want to say that they are about 3 or 3.5 hours north of International Falls. Paved road all the way.

http://www.peffleyscamp.com/

Post Your Comment