lac des mille lacs LDML

1/5/10 @ 5:47 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Planocat
Planocat
USER since 6/12/06
OK, so I think I have this figured out. Any posts that are not pure fishing reports have to be posted on this forum in order to keep from being dusted. Fair enough, I guess. So, in the future we need to check here until the season opens and we can start to post/receive actual reports.

Basically it means there will be nothing on the other location for stretches of 7 months or more. But at least we can keep in touch here.

Now how do we get that word out? I'll try posting it at the other site and hope it doesn't get dusted.

Planocat Big Smile

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 1,831 Posts
5/15/18 @ 3:23 PM
ducer
ducer
USER since 5/22/07

This was Saturday 

Post Your Comment
5/15/18 @ 9:51 AM
Bingo
Bingo
USER since 3/22/04

Any word on how the ice is doing.   We fish out of Thunderbird (Cushing Lake).

Post Your Comment
5/15/18 @ 9:40 AM
Planocat
Planocat
USER since 6/12/06

Yes, we'll be there Jun 2 - Jul 9.

Waiting to hear what will be "banned at the border" this year.

Post Your Comment
5/14/18 @ 7:03 PM
candofish
candofish
USER since 4/2/13

Hey Planocat are you going to be at pinepoint this year?  I missed you last year.  We will arrive on June 16 for the week.  See you soon.

Post Your Comment
5/9/18 @ 2:28 PM
Wisconsin14
Wisconsin14
USER since 5/6/15

30 days away . Looking forward to our annual stay at Pine Point.

Post Your Comment
5/6/18 @ 9:59 AM
Shagnasty
Shagnasty
USER since 1/26/06

By the way...for anyone interested Bing maps has REALLY stepped up their game!  Images of LDML were washed-out low resolution crap.  Take a look now.  Yikes!  The detail is incredible.  I guess I never realized how MANY cabins there are on the east side.  One guy just southeast of Rabbit evidently owns his own island.

Anyway, a really fun way to waste some time.

Shag.

Edited on 5/6/18 6:49 PM
Post Your Comment
5/4/18 @ 12:14 PM
Shagnasty
Shagnasty
USER since 1/26/06

So, Plano...120 leeches per person seems a little on the "unenforceable" side.  Speed limit=easy to enforce.  Counting to 120 for every angler sounds silly.  But hey, they have the lake, the scenery and the fish, so I will comply.  For the past several years, I have used gulp alive minnows and leeches.  (CAUTION:  do NOT spill the liquid in your boat.  Awful, stinking mess)  Once I gained confidence in the fake minnow and leeches they work great!  My personal best is 16 walleye on a single gulp minnow.  Also, one of the biggest walleye I ever caught up there came on a drift through Bolton.  Jig head and twister tail dressed with a gulp alive leech.  19.95 is kind of expensive, but you can't kill them!  What you don't use lasts till next year so maybe an option.  

Post Your Comment
4/25/18 @ 11:14 PM
DavidAP
DavidAP
USER since 4/16/02

Due to a scheduling conflict, I cannot fish LDML the week of July 7, 2018.  

Let me know if you want my reservation for Cabin 11 (4Bedroom and sleeps 5-8 people) at Pine Point Resort.

Thanks,

DavidAP

Post Your Comment
4/24/18 @ 5:39 PM
Illinois Angler
Illinois Angler
USER since 6/5/07

You could by a mini fridge to keep your bait in. You can get one for around 100 dollars and would be a one time cost.

Post Your Comment
4/23/18 @ 8:15 PM
Carpio
Carpio
USER since 11/5/17

I brought crawlers to Mil lac for years.  Number one problem, too much water, number 2 too warm!  . Pack crawlers  in cottage cheese type containers 12 to a container or better yet in small styrofoam containers . The bait shops in many places already do this. Pack the containers in a large styrofoam container like you see at sprawl mart for a couple of bucks. Surround these containers with frozen blue ice containers. Tape the lids shut. Good for 2-3 days. Keep them shaded at all times. Good luck CARPIO 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 1,831 Posts