lac des mille lacs LDML

1/5/10 @ 4:47 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Planocat
Planocat
USER since 6/12/06
OK, so I think I have this figured out. Any posts that are not pure fishing reports have to be posted on this forum in order to keep from being dusted. Fair enough, I guess. So, in the future we need to check here until the season opens and we can start to post/receive actual reports.

Basically it means there will be nothing on the other location for stretches of 7 months or more. But at least we can keep in touch here.

Now how do we get that word out? I'll try posting it at the other site and hope it doesn't get dusted.

Planocat Big Smile

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 1,816 Posts
8/27/17 @ 8:01 PM
Summitdave
Summitdave
USER since 7/22/05

OBL all the way,it can't be beat.

Only problem is i am sure it is booked up way in advance=that says it all!! I am not sure if they have a "stand by list"!!

Post Your Comment
8/26/17 @ 7:54 PM
DavidAP
DavidAP
USER since 4/16/02

Open Bay Lodge ......Our group has fished LDML in July and stayed at either PinePointResort or ThunderbirdResort since 2001.

We are considering Open Bay Lodge for 2018......your input and observations?

Thanks,

DavidAP

Post Your Comment
8/23/17 @ 2:20 PM
puddlepirate
puddlepirate
USER since 3/21/09

The Camp is on Pinepoint about 1/2 mile from Pinepoint Resort 

Post Your Comment
8/23/17 @ 2:10 PM
puddlepirate
puddlepirate
USER since 3/21/09

https://www.thunderbayhouses.com/498lacdesmillelacs

Im putting my Camp for sale. Price is in Canadian dollars 

Post Your Comment
8/14/17 @ 10:37 PM
DavidAP
DavidAP
USER since 4/16/02

Thunderbird Resort:  8/6/17-8/10/17

Six guys and three boats

Lund 1800 Alaskan Camo with Yamaha F75 Tiller 

3 days:  75F sunny with light chop

2 days:  65F cloudy with 15mph winds and intermittent rain with whitecaps on east-west open water

Water temp: 72.5F

Kept limits of pike, walleyes and smallies

Best pike:  38"

Best walleye:  25"

Best Smallie:  19.5"

Fished southern portion of LDML:  Bolton Bay, Shelter Bay, Birch Narrows and Boot Bay.  

Pike hit Mepps Aglia #5 with white hair in 3-17FOW

Walleyes hit crawlers on harnesses, Lindy rigs and SLO-death rigs in 5-20FOW

Smallies hit white and green twister tails on 3/8oz jigs in 3-15FOW

No mayfly hatch!

Now prepping for return to Pine Point Resort on 7/7/18.

Fish On!

DavidAP

Edited on 8/21/17 9:49 PM
Post Your Comment
8/13/17 @ 9:01 PM
Aceman3
Aceman3
USER since 12/10/07

Fished out of Pine Point Resort from 8/7 - 8/11 with my 3 boys. Walleye fishing was excellent as we only walleye fished 1-2 hours a day and ended up with 150 walleyes. Most were 12-14", but caught a lot of 16-18." We caught them all with slow death rigs/crawlers. 

Pike fishing was decent. Caught a lot between 23-26"  Biggest was 31"  We mainly casted for them and fire tiger rapalas were hot. We also trolled twice for them and natural color stick baits seemed the best.

Bass were slow. Caught a few perch, but only a couple keepers.

Ace

Post Your Comment
8/2/17 @ 6:38 PM
Summitdave
Summitdave
USER since 7/22/05

We fished LDML July 22 thru July 28.Fishing was a little slow compared to other years and had been the previous week also.

There had been hatches of everything and you could even see clouds of stuff on sonar!!!! Weather was perfect and water temps in the low 70's.The hardest fish to get were the 17 inch walleyes. the biggest walleyes were a 24 and a 26.5.All were caught on jig and minnow except the big girl hit a leech all though we were out of minnows!!! Lots of northerns in 25 inch range.

Open Bay Lodge did a fantastic job as usual!!! Good luck to everyone heading up yet this year.Post or P.M. me with any questions.

Tight lines everyone,

Dave

Post Your Comment
8/2/17 @ 12:07 PM
Eck21
Eck21
USER since 7/28/17

Thanks, Ace.  Just about everything worked, but blue and white for the larger Rapala was best. 

Post Your Comment
8/1/17 @ 5:28 PM
DavidAP
DavidAP
USER since 4/16/02

GofishIA,

Yes, go for it.  Catching your limit of two Lake Trout per guy is a sure thing on Raleigh Lake.  Read my postings on LakeLink about that lake.  

Reach out to the owners of Cobblestone Lodge (Cliff & Denise) located on Raleigh Lake.   They will give you a custom map with all the details needed to catch 3-6lb Lakers.

Fish On!

DavidAP

Post Your Comment
8/1/17 @ 10:50 AM
gofishIA
gofishIA
USER since 4/27/15

David

We stay at OBL about second week in June each year and I have always kicked around a day trip toward Ignace and try for lake trout.  Did you go over there "blind"? Or have guide/prior experience?  With basically no experience on the lakers trying to decide if would be a waste of time to try or not.  Thanks  

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 1,816 Posts