Kukukus Lake

6/28/14 @ 9:12 AM
ORIGINAL POST
chester17
chester17
USER since 6/28/14
I plan on going to kukukus next week. Does anybody know the condition of the road? thanks
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 38 Posts
8/17/16 @ 12:36 AM
kdjasper
kdjasper
USER since 8/17/16

Has anyone launched on Arethusa and navigated to Kukukus via the Basket River through Mit Lake?  Just wondering if this is an navigable option?

Thanks

Post Your Comment
7/31/16 @ 12:39 PM
Summers Off
Summers Off
USER since 5/9/06

I heard there is logging going on and the road is a super highway this year.  So nice they are putting a McDonald's in by the Outfitter's and the road to Heathwalt.

Post Your Comment
7/6/16 @ 4:11 PM
fetch-um-up
fetch-um-up
USER since 2/19/06

Lots of small groups, every campsite we know of seemed to have a tent on it!....

Post Your Comment
7/6/16 @ 3:15 PM
chester17
chester17
USER since 6/28/14

thanks Fetch. some friends that stayed at indian lake a couple of weeks ago said they were logging  from there to town with deeps ruts in the road. Many people fishing on the lake? 

Post Your Comment
7/6/16 @ 9:51 AM
fetch-um-up
fetch-um-up
USER since 2/19/06

Lake was about 18" lower than last year, making launching a little challenging.  Road was about same as last year, with added logging traffic and some areas deeply rutted as well as others recently graded................

Post Your Comment
7/6/16 @ 8:55 AM
chester17
chester17
USER since 6/28/14

Just checking.... has anybody been to kukukus this year? just checking if you can get to the boat launch on the north end.  we are planning on going in 3 weeks.

thanks

Edited on 7/6/16 8:56 AM
Post Your Comment
6/28/15 @ 7:31 AM
fetch-um-up
fetch-um-up
USER since 2/19/06
Just returned. Fishing was little slow, had couple fronts come through and the mayflies where hatching end of week. All in all a good trip for our gang with a couple first timers. I caughty personal best walleye, 26", below the rapids in the inlet. Couple pike over 35" and a dozen bass over 18", some on the fly rod. Road is a super highway this year, for now, until the logging starts. Bugs were worse than other years, especially the biting flies and no-see-ums..........

Post Your Comment
6/6/15 @ 9:08 AM
Summers Off
Summers Off
USER since 5/9/06
Our crew will be in Ignace June 14-20. We stay with some friends on Camp Lake and fish Indian, Victorian, Raleigh, Kukukus, Areathusa and Heathwalt. You can get a big boat to all of these...some easier than others. Roads beat up your trailer so bring spare everything (lights, bearings, bolts, tires)

There is a gas/sportshop in Ignace that has lake maps of all of these lakes. Not super detailed, but it gives you the basic information and lake layout.

Post Your Comment
6/6/15 @ 9:01 AM
Summers Off
Summers Off
USER since 5/9/06
Moosehide is a bush lake West of Ignace.

No boat landing. No boat rentals. 28 miles off the blacktop. Last 6-7 miles are like a 4 wheeler trail at best (two flat truck tires in the last 6 years). When you get to the trail for the lake it is about a 2 foot wide, 1000 yd path through the ungodly "bush". You better like bugs, rocks and mud. No way to get a big boat into this lake.

We have switch to fishing Kukukus because the road to it is much better and there are boat caches that you can practically drive right up to and unload your gear.....no 1000 yard bush trails to deal with.

Post Your Comment
6/5/15 @ 7:40 AM
MILLERMANOC
MILLERMANOC
USER since 3/8/15
We are going to ignace June 9th for 2 weeks. I'll let you know about the road and fishing. Is moosehide hard to get to? Can I get my 17 foot Lund in there?

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 38 Posts