SEARCH
MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

Ignace area

9/11/15 @ 8:53 PM
INITIAL POST
Dapperzakwi
User since 9/11/15
Hello Fishing friends, Heading to Ignace next weekend the 19th till the 26th Sept. Has anyone been up there recently ,How's fishing on Indian, Heathwell, and Sand Bar ?? And other Lakes. ( PLEASE NO B.S. ) Getting excited as always even tho we've been up there many times before, last time for me was July /05 and we did well. a 44 in Pike 20lbs. And plenty of Wallys !! Will give a fishing report wen We get back and or pics Smile Thank you Big Smile
Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts
9/22/17 @ 10:06 AM
HodakaD
User since 4/28/08
We stayed at Marie's Bay earlier this year. Twigs son Troy is operating it now. The family had a great experience. Troy was gracious host.  Also the fishing was super.
9/14/17 @ 2:54 PM
Bowhunting1
User since 3/13/14

Fished Dibble Lake.....rough ride in but well worth it.  Lots of walleyes, smallies, and nice northern.   

6/26/17 @ 11:22 AM
fetch-um-up
PRO MEMBER User since 2/19/06

Returned Saturday from the annual spring trip.  Road was as good as last year, though starting to grow in a bit.  Water was a little higher than normal.  Bugs were active, don't remember seeing deer flies this bad this early before.  Couple isolated Mayfly hatches.  Water was averaging around 63*.  Fishing was a little slow with a cold front that stalled over us all week.  Had the lake all to ourselves most of the week.  Largest pike was 38", though I had one bite me off on my flyrod that looked easily over 40!  Biggest walleye was 24 and caught some great Bass in the rivers with the largest at 20 1/2!   Couple of the guys heading back up in August.........................

9/28/15 @ 4:34 PM
Dapperzakwi
User since 9/11/15
Just got back from Ignace Sat Sept 25 . We had the worst week that I can remember up there this time. Warm weather, high winds from the south most of week. Walleyes shut right down the 1st 4 days. Thursday we finally started getting a few by Friday We limited out on Indian. The wind shifted from the North North east . Used jigs tipped w minnows, rapalas and other lures. Got a few nice Pike ranging in the 30s , some smallys too. It did'nt matter what lake, Fishing was poor !! Guessing in a couple weeks fishing will pick up.
9/13/15 @ 8:06 AM
Arod
User since 2/26/13
Not sure about Marie's Bay Resort on Sturgeon as Twig passed away earlier this summer. There are other nice resorts on Sturgeon. Sturgeon is a great trout lake and can be an outstanding walleye lake too.
9/12/15 @ 3:32 PM
Dapperzakwi
User since 9/11/15
Thanx guys, Never been to Sturgeon, is there ok boat launching there ?? How far from sand bar lake, we're staying at sand bar. Any body been at lower indian ?
9/12/15 @ 2:56 PM
reeldrag83
reeldrag83
User since 12/20/12
Sturgeon lake still putting lots of eyes and lakers in boats check out Marie's bay twig is a super solid dude. Nice pike as well lots of 36 inch plus fish
9/11/15 @ 11:08 PM
Guidedfishing
User since 8/2/01
Check out the Silver Dollar thread, might get some info there. Good luck
Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE