SEARCH
MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

Good perch lakes in ontario

1/15/18 @ 7:12 AM
INITIAL POST
peanut09
User since 1/17/10

I am looking for a good perch lake. Walleye and northern is fine too. We have been doing Whitefish lake for a few years and it needs a break. Let me know if there is anything descent up here if you could please. Thanks

Displaying 1 to 15 of 16 posts
5/11/18 @ 4:45 PM
CrystalLakeMonster
CrystalLakeMonster
User since 11/22/10

I've been going to Cedar Lake, Perrault Falls for 25 years.  If you want perch go up into Perrault lake and up through a small creek into Spadina.  We almost allways bring a cooler full back to camp. Also if you go up Ord creek into either Church lake or Turtle lake that can be great as well. 

5/8/18 @ 12:58 PM
JohnFL
User since 6/16/10

Lac Des Mille Lacs is a fine Walleye and Northern lake NW of Thunder Bay.  We don't fish for Perch like we used to, but often pick up some big boys on full size nightcrawlers and spinners while fishing for 'eyes in certain locations.  I'm sure if we targeted them at those spots we'd bring home a bucketfull. We fish out of Lac Des Mille Lodge on the west end of the lake.  I think if you went there and fished for perch youd have a population of big ones to yourself.

2/20/18 @ 4:53 PM
Bullman
User since 4/10/15

We have always done well on perch on Wabaskang. We stayed at Peffley's and I normally bring back my 50. Some years the white grubs can be worse than others. Most fish in the 8 - 11 inch range. Always targeted them in late morning after fishing walleye and bass. This is a boat in camp 12 miles back so you get away from most of the other fishermen.

2/20/18 @ 1:53 PM
peanut09
User since 1/17/10

Perrault lake is where I'm headed if my partner and I can get a week picked out. Sounds like a little bit of everything and that sounds good. I am interested in rainbow point Lodge. It sounds like a great place. 

1/28/18 @ 7:36 AM
peanut09
User since 1/17/10

I've done a little searching and maybe Dinorwic lake is for me. Anyone have any news good or bad about it? Rates sound reasonable  at the lodges and fishing sounds not too bad. Sound off if you know anything. Thanks

1/26/18 @ 5:15 PM
peanut09
User since 1/17/10

Bueller, the walleye are okay, not great but they are there. Northern, tons of little ones, not hardly any big ones. Not sure why with all the baby perch in the lake. Its a fun trip, but we are looking for something different. I wish I was there 15 years ago. I guess the perch were all nice sized then. Now you catch 1000 and lucky to keep the limit of 100. Usually not. Lots of little ones and not to many big ones. Still searching for a different lake. Thanks

1/26/18 @ 4:11 PM
bueller
User since 1/4/03
Not the first time I've heard that the perch fishing on Whitefish Lake is not what it used to be. What about the walleyes and pike in the lake, are they worth targeting?
1/25/18 @ 9:10 PM
crawdaddy
User since 7/11/01

Stayed at Rainbow Point on Perrault lake (connected to Cedar).  Lots of perch.  We could site fish them in the reeds.  Lots of 9-11” fish.  Some had a lot of white grubs.  Most had none.  Ok walleye action.  Plenty of pike.  

1/25/18 @ 12:00 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

While we're primarily planning to fish for walleye, pike and lake trout, I do hope to get into some perch for shore lunch and a few take-home fish fries.  We're staying on Eagle Lake.  Most of the lodges that I researched don't make much if any mention of perch fishing.  But I read that there is a very healthy population of jumbos in that system and I did find one or two lodges that list them as a species to chase while fishing there (Birchdale and Cedar Point Lodge websites).

1/25/18 @ 11:34 AM
peanut09
User since 1/17/10

Well we went to the all Canada show and learned a bunch. Still not sure where I would like to fish yet. Anyone else have any good ideas for perch and crappie and walleye in Ontario? If so let me know. Thanks

1/16/18 @ 9:20 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17

25 yrs ago went to Lake Of The Woods near Baudette. Super jumbos . The Locals? Hated them and threw them on the ice! Naturally I picked them up. Most were grubby but that’s what a fillet knife is for. Stopped at a local bait shop and Lo and Behold! The owners were from Big Bend!  They said that most of the fish in LOW were caught on gold jigs. They were right!   No problem catching limits of 10”-14”  Saugers and Walleyes under 2#. I also saw 2 pike in the 20 lb range.

1/16/18 @ 3:26 PM
prop-buster
prop-buster
User since 6/14/05

no problem, if you decide to go that route just shoot me a message and I will help you out if possible...we always went the 3rd week in June. Other than 2017 I was there the 15 years prior....good luck....hope you find a good place.....

1/16/18 @ 6:54 AM
peanut09
User since 1/17/10

Thanks. Any info is appreciated. Just trying to find something different. I'm looking into anything that has perch and walleye for sure. Crappie would be great also.  

1/15/18 @ 3:53 PM
prop-buster
prop-buster
User since 6/14/05

I have been to Cedar Lake numerous times...Cedar Lake Camp, Perrault Falls, ON. CA is where we happened to stay every time (there are other places)...we didn't fish perch but caught a lot of them by accident...there were other groups that did fish for them and were successful...we went mainly for the pike, walleyes, and crappies...big crappies..it is also a small mouth factory for a change of pace...it is located 30 miles north of Vermillion Bay....just a suggestion, and only body of water I have fished in Canada in recent years.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 16 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE