Ely/Quetico Boundary waters

7/3/14 @ 8:39 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Suickchucker
Suickchucker
USER since 12/27/07
Going up to the border thru Prairie Portage on July 28th. Does anyone know if there are muskie in Moose or Sunday Lake? I was there during my college years and now a few of us are returning, but this time we are bring our sons. Any insight on recent fishing patterns would be great. Big Smile
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 Posts
7/17/14 @ 8:15 AM
thinblueline
thinblueline
USER since 1/25/10
Buy some rapala tail dancers in the purpledescent color, as that is one of THE crankbaits up there, and troll it around along shorelines, points, and islands in 15-25 feet of water. My second choice in crankbait up there would be a size 7 jointed shad rap in fire tiger. Use 1/8 to 1/4 ounce lead head jigs with your gulp stuff and simply vertical jig it around points, any narrows you come across, and in the saddles between islands and/or islands and mainland, all in that 15-25 foot depth range, and you should catch fish.

Post Your Comment
7/17/14 @ 7:07 AM
Suickchucker
Suickchucker
USER since 12/27/07
Looking for a little help here? Ok, no muskie. We won't have access to live bait, does anyone have any suggestions on lures or water depths? I'm bringing a ton of Gulp stuff and walleye will be our main target. I know these lakes have a ton of lakers but I don't know how deep they would be at this time of the year? We are in canoes, no electronics or motors. If anyone can give me a few hints it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Sweating

Post Your Comment
7/3/14 @ 12:39 PM
thinblueline
thinblueline
USER since 1/25/10
Never heard of any musky in those lakes.

Post Your Comment