SEARCH
MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

Eagle Lake

2/11/18 @ 8:38 AM
INITIAL POST
Golf Guy
PRO MEMBER User since 7/22/12

Planning a summer trip to fish Eagle Lake. 

What resorts are recommended for a decent place to stay but more importantly their guide service ?

thanks in advance. 

Tight lines. 

Displaying 1 to 15 of 55 posts
7/30/19 @ 8:43 AM
Esox JJ
PRO MEMBER User since 6/4/05

Just a few days late but, I just returned from Temple Bay Lodge fishing from July 19 through 26. We had Jase "hollywood" for a guide for three day's. The walleyes were in the Lone pine island area on rock humps the first few days we fished for them. We caught a lot of them, some for shore lunch and a few to bring home. Later in the week they had moved to the area around walleye rocks and dead mans. Muskies, we decided to get up early on Sunday the 21st. It turned out to be a great decision, I made the 50 inch club with a 51 incher. The fish came from fishing rocks. We had a lot of follows from big fish later that day but didn't boat any. That night when my buddy Gary and I were in our boat on our own I got another smaller muskie, 39 inches. This one was from fishing weeds. Gary caught a 35 incher later in the week also in weeds. We didn't target northerns this year but caught a few bigger ones on muskie baits and a lot of small ones. It took 11 years for me to get a fifty. Now it's my buddy Gary's turn.

JJ  

7/22/19 @ 4:49 PM
NARDA1
NARDA1
User since 3/27/11

Skyeking, glad you had a great trip. Greg is a great guide. I'm looking forward to my 31st year there, Sept 5th - 14th.

7/22/19 @ 3:23 PM
skyeking
PRO MEMBER User since 6/6/12

Hunted musky on Eagle Lake, Ontario, CA, week of July 13-20.
25 follows during the week.
55 inch Musky caught Monday, July 15, 2019, in Portage Bay (catch & release).
Lodge: enjoyed Birch Dale Lodge and host Marcel Pinette; accommodations in Cabin #5 were great; Marcel runs a nice lodge and has lots of returning clients; Wednesday night fish fry was outstanding and worth the trip.
Guide: Greg Bruetsch, Eagle Eye Guiding. Thank you Greg for putting on to the musky of a lifetime!
Took time out also for some walleye fishing.
Spent the week in three areas: Vermilion Bay, West Arm as far as Railroad Bay, and Portage Bay. Lots of storms to keep us on our toes.

Eagle Lake photo by skyeking
2/28/19 @ 10:03 PM
La Catchem
User since 6/10/18

We've been going to Eagle West for the last 25 years. The lodge was taken over by Trevor and family and doing a great job updating the place. we typically fish the west end, Walleye, Bass, Pike, Lake trout. Good guides if needed. 

La Catchem Houston

12/21/18 @ 9:27 AM
wini
User since 3/27/06

Interesting comments on night fishing. I have fished several lakes north of Red Lake. They have all been  fly in camps. The lake I fish most often has a very pronounced great bite in the evening. Normally from about 8 PM to 9:30 PM, the bite is fantastic. Not every night, but often enough where I would never miss fishing after supper. To me it's most relaxing part of the day. The wind has usually gone down. You get to watch a sunset many evenings. And as I stated above, the lake really turns on. Most of us never keep any fish in the evening and it's just for fun.

I have been another lakes where there is no good nighttime bite. I guess it depends on the lake. I'll never figure out fishing.

12/20/18 @ 5:35 PM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Most of the camps have knowledgeable guides that know the lake.most of them end up fishing the east end cause that is the best area of eagle.so might as well have a look at north shore lodge.they are right in the east end and you won't have to travell very far like most other camps trying to get to that area..good accomadations and boats.house keeping and American plan pkg available.worth checking out.

12/17/18 @ 4:26 PM
BucketMouth123
BucketMouth123
User since 5/6/16

If I remember right it is 30 min before official sunrise and 30 min after official sunset. 

12/17/18 @ 3:47 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

I perused the Ontario fishing regs and could not find a definition of "night fishing". I also looked specifically at the Zone 5 regs where the prohibition of night fishing is specified for Eagle Lake. I still didn't find anything. The guide staff at Andy Myers all came back before it was completely dark every night when we were there. So it might be at sunset, but that just a guess.

Honestly, we caught so many fish during the day, we never felt like we had to go out and fish after supper. 

12/17/18 @ 2:49 PM
wini
User since 3/27/06

Just interested. What is the definition of "night" in the Eagle Lake area? I fish farther north and there have been many occasions when we fish until 10 PM, which is 20 to 30 minutes after the sun goes down. We do try to get back to the peer before it gets too dark.

12/14/18 @ 11:31 AM
cle
User since 3/7/15

No sanctuaries to worry about in mid June.You won't be far from some good fishing spots.

12/14/18 @ 9:58 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

You are correct that there is no night fishing allowed on the lake.  With that said, it's still light around 10 pm that time of year up there.  There are many shore lunch spots on the lake but the best is Gilligan's Island.  It has a protected lagoon and is an awesome spot to have lunch.

12/14/18 @ 8:38 AM
Huck 34
PRO MEMBER User since 12/26/02

Eagle Lake bound with my crew for the first time ever! Have previously fished Cedar Lake the last few years with great success, but we wanted to try a new adventure. We will be staying at South Shore Lodge in mid June and was wondering if any of you would be willing to share some info? Are there sanctuaries that we will need to be aware of that time of year? Are there any cool must see locations on the lake? Did I read somewhere that night fishing is prohibited? Looking forward to reading any replies or messages and thanks in advance for any help!

Thanks Huck

8/26/18 @ 8:11 AM
Remi
User since 3/23/05

Returned home yesterday, fished out of Cedar Point Lodge for the past week. Each day we traveled to Portage Bay or the Big Water (Nash Bay and further). Jig and Minnow, caught walleye in 19 to 31 feet. Best was 26 to 31 feet. Find a reef and move around until you mark fish, then started fishing. It was a slow bite all week, you needed a very slow jig motion or just dragging jigs was equally as good, most fish would just grab and hold the jig, you wouldn't get much of a hit. 3 guys fishing 8-10 hours per day, finished the week with 442 walleye, 3 perch, 2 northern. Our numbers were about the same last year. Biggest walleye was 22 inches, the last day each guy in the boat caught 4 slot fish, so finished on a high note. I can't say enough about the staff at Cedar Point Lodge, very friendly and helpful. My uncle is 65 years old with health issues, and always a helping hand at the dock to help steady things as he gets in and out of the boat, they treat you like family. Wonderful trip, great memories.  

Thanks, Remi. 

7/24/18 @ 7:08 AM
Golf Guy
PRO MEMBER User since 7/22/12

Just got back also. Waves were tough but if you found the gold they would bite. Musky fishing was touch also.  Raised 14 one day, but had no takers.  Stayed at AML and service was first class.  

Thinking next trip might be in the fall targeting smallies and walleyes 

All in all good trip. 

7/21/18 @ 4:00 AM
La Catchem
User since 6/10/18

Fished Eagle last week and had a great time. Caught a ton of Canadian gold, The wind was screaming most of the week, so we fished the waves which made it tough but when your catching gold it's in material. Stayed at Eagle West, they had done a  resurrecting the old camp and the new owners very helpful. 

Displaying 1 to 15 of 55 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE