Eagle Lake

2/11/18 @ 8:38 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Golf Guy
Golf Guy
USER since 7/22/12

Planning a summer trip to fish Eagle Lake. 

What resorts are recommended for a decent place to stay but more importantly their guide service ?

thanks in advance. 

Tight lines. 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 41 Posts
7/24/18 @ 7:08 AM
Golf Guy
Golf Guy
USER since 7/22/12

Just got back also. Waves were tough but if you found the gold they would bite. Musky fishing was touch also.  Raised 14 one day, but had no takers.  Stayed at AML and service was first class.  

Thinking next trip might be in the fall targeting smallies and walleyes 

All in all good trip. 

Post Your Comment
7/21/18 @ 4:00 AM
La Catchem
La Catchem
USER since 6/10/18

Fished Eagle last week and had a great time. Caught a ton of Canadian gold, The wind was screaming most of the week, so we fished the waves which made it tough but when your catching gold it's in material. Stayed at Eagle West, they had done a  resurrecting the old camp and the new owners very helpful. 

Post Your Comment
7/15/18 @ 1:36 PM
FloridaWalleyeGuy
FloridaWalleyeGuy
USER since 7/15/18

Any updates on Walleye and if anyone is catching anything lately?   Heading up in a few days from Florida and would love nothing more to catch a ton of eaters.  We stay at South Shore Lodge and traditionally have fished the flats out just west of Net Island.   

Post Your Comment
7/4/18 @ 7:37 PM
Golf Guy
Golf Guy
USER since 7/22/12

Esox

Hope you have a great week.  

We leave the 13th for a week. 

Staying at AML - if your near maybe pop a cold one and a story or two. 

Safe travels & tight lines

Post Your Comment
7/4/18 @ 1:46 PM
Esox JJ
Esox JJ
USER since 6/4/05

Deerlake, thanks for the excellent report. We will definitely check out those two spots for the big fish. We have a guide for two day's and then a different guide for one more day. We are staying for eight day's this year. I just got done packing my stuff, we leave at 4:00 AM tomorrow. You didn't say if your line broke or if the big fish just came unhooked. If the line broke and I hook into her and bag her I'll return your jig. LOL

Post Your Comment
7/3/18 @ 5:37 PM
Deerlake1
Deerlake1
USER since 6/20/13

Saw one two years ago in the middle of 502 during early morning light. You don't want to see one up close and personal. It was a cow and she was a lot taller than the truck I was seated in.

Post Your Comment
7/3/18 @ 10:05 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01

I was disappointed that we didn't get to see a moose.  The group of guys that went on a fly out to the same lake we were at the previous day got to see a cow and calf feeding on watercress so we missed it by a day.

Post Your Comment
7/3/18 @ 8:45 AM
BucketMouth123
BucketMouth123
USER since 5/6/16

That's awesome to see. We saw one driving home overnight Friday. He was in the middle of the road as we passed by. Also saw 2 moose which was a little scary. Luckily they weren't in the road. 

Post Your Comment
7/2/18 @ 4:00 PM
Deerlake1
Deerlake1
USER since 6/20/13

Bucketmouth,

I have a picture and video of a Lynx swimming near Viking Reef on Eagle Lake but don't know how to post it here. According to old guides and lodge owner very very rare to see. That's what makes Canada special. Cat was 1.5 miles from far west shorelinend was still a 1/2 mile to closest land.

Post Your Comment
7/2/18 @ 1:03 PM
BucketMouth123
BucketMouth123
USER since 5/6/16

Got back this past Saturday. As stated the walleyes were in the weeds and on the edges. Found a few fish on deeper structure but the numbers were in the weeds. Smallie action was hot. Multiple doubles with a triple in the boat. Muskies were way more active then I have ever seen. Only had one hookup that shook loose about 10 seconds in. I need to work on my boatside skills to trigger more strikes on follows. Water was down significantly and was much warmer than we are used to this time of year. Can't wait till next year.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 41 Posts