Eagle Lake

2/11/18 @ 8:38 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Golf Guy
Golf Guy
USER since 7/22/12

Planning a summer trip to fish Eagle Lake. 

What resorts are recommended for a decent place to stay but more importantly their guide service ?

thanks in advance. 

Tight lines. 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 14 Posts
3/11/18 @ 12:45 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01

denesox,

Um, sorry about that.  I can't even blame auto correct.  It's funny how one's brain sees things.  We've both been here a long time and I always wanted to know why you named yourself after an athlete's foot powder.

Edited on 3/11/18 12:49 PM
Post Your Comment
3/10/18 @ 10:04 PM
denesox
denesox
USER since 2/1/06

LMAO Bugle...its denesox...like den, and esox....lol.

Yeah, you are right it was definitely before the new ownership or renovations, that's for sure.  And if accomodations would have been up to par, it would have been worth it, because there's always a crazy amount of knowledge floating around that lodge...and even when its tough, they have access to smaller lakes that are numbers lakes...but don't let that fool you...The average fish was around 40 and they were comng from everywhere, and at a time when Eagle was completly shut down.

Edited on 3/10/18 10:06 PM
Post Your Comment
3/9/18 @ 10:16 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01

desonex,

How long ago did your group go to AML?  From what I can tell, the lodge has been under new ownership for the past few years and it appears that they are investing a lot in the facilities.  Their last newsletter stated that they had done renovations to three cabins this off-season and are building a new 2-story 7000 square foot lodge that should be ready by May.

As far a cost goes, I did compare prices at other lodges/camps and AML is higher than many of them.  But none of those other packages offered what we're getting.  Maybe some guys are OK not doing fly-outs or having meals prepared for them.  We may choose not to do that the next time we go but wanted the full experience the first time around.  I know that comparing Canada to Alaska isn't apples to apples but my dad and I are paying less for both of us to go to AML on their upgraded package than we did for one of us to go fishing in AK.  And I think we'll actually do more fishing since we won't have hour+ long boat or plane rides every time we want to try different spots.

Post Your Comment
3/8/18 @ 8:47 PM
denesox
denesox
USER since 2/1/06

fishingcentury...That';s the one part of the lake I haven't fished....Eldorado bay or a little past that, was as close as I got, and that';s still al ong ride from your area....I've always wanted to fish that area, and if I go back, that's probably where I will go.

Post Your Comment
3/8/18 @ 8:41 PM
denesox
denesox
USER since 2/1/06

The first time here, my goup went to Andy meyers.

They do have excellent guides.....

But they have aweful accomodations and ultra high prices in comparison to others....we went there once, and never went back.

Cedarpoint lodge is significantly better in every way aside from the guides...and last I was there, almost half the cost...they have the same boats that they have at Andy Meyers.

Great Lake, many areas of the lake are as busy as Pewauee practically, but its so big, that as long as you don't mind a long ride, you can always find seclusion.

Tough lake, but also very rewarding...sometimes you go long periods of crazy tough fishing, then you get a day or two where muskie seem to be coming out of every weed bed and off every rock pile.....you will raise a ton of fish, but likely catch few....but the size of the fish you see...well, its incredible....I have seen a few fish I swear were 60lb class fish....fish I will never forget.

Main parts of the lake get really rough a lot of the time, which can make the long distance boat rides like riding the log ride at great america for an hour....but its all worth it.

Walleye are stupid east to catch as well...like see them on the graph, drop down and reel up.

Edited on 3/8/18 8:44 PM
Post Your Comment
3/8/18 @ 3:15 AM
fishingcentury
fishingcentury
USER since 2/20/17

We would love to have you up to our families island fishing resort Century Lodge on Eagle. We are the only lodge on the whole SE end of Eagle Lake on famous Osbourne and Niven's Bay! Remote and secluded, sheltered stained end of the lake! Also wind protected! Excellent spawning grounds for walleye and trophy topwater muskie fishing. Great big smallmouth, pike and perch as well! Please visit www.centurylodge.com and our facebook page at www.facebook.com/centurylodge and let us know if you have questions at anytime!

Randy Tyran
Century Lodge

Post Your Comment
2/14/18 @ 10:07 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01

The AML boats pull fish for a reason from what I'm told.  They hold an instructional seminar the night you get there and you get same-day info from their guides and pro staff.  They mark up lake maps and share specifics on baits, colors, techniques and patterns.  They have a follow up session mid-week and encourage guests to share info every evening so everyone gets into fish all week.  It was that and the opportunities to do a one-day flyout to an outpost lake, a guided 4x4 excursion to a remote lake and options to hike to a few portage lakes if fishing or conditions aren't ideal on Eagle that made the decision us.  After meeting the owner at the All Canada Show, I'm pumped for our trip.  

Post Your Comment
2/14/18 @ 6:31 PM
cle
cle
USER since 3/7/15

Also look at Evergreen Lodge. You can always get out and fish if the wind is blowing hard. Has good guides probaly one of the best on the lake. Yes Eagle is awesome.

Post Your Comment
2/14/18 @ 4:48 PM
BucketMouth123
BucketMouth123
USER since 5/6/16

As recommended try and hit the All Canada show. Ask questions. The different parts of the lake offer different styles of fishing. Darker water south on the main body. Slightly stained and deep through Portage bay and then clearer up in Vermilion bay and West arm. I have never used guides but the 3 that have the reputation are Andy Meyers, Temple Bay & North Shore. 

I always see the Andy Meyers boats pulling fish. That would be my recommendations to you. 

Price, ammenities, location.... all the different factors will play into your decision.

Good luck with the trip. Eagle is awesome.

Post Your Comment
2/14/18 @ 3:18 PM
vegas492
vegas492
USER since 5/21/03

http://northshorelodge.ca/

This place has come highly recommended to me.  Darker water.  Better fishing.  No need to run too far from camp.  Certainly worth a look.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 14 Posts