eagle lake west arm

3/13/16 @ 5:48 PM
ORIGINAL POST
farwest
farwest
USER since 1/12/15
Iam going to eagle west resort June 11 to the 18 for my first time , I have not seen any post on west arm area. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 16 Posts
8/15/16 @ 12:44 PM
ramhead36
ramhead36
USER since 2/25/09

Any good fishing reports? Taking the family up next week and interested how the fishing has been. Thanks

Post Your Comment
7/2/16 @ 5:33 PM
fishhook
fishhook
USER since 9/16/01

ttt

Post Your Comment
5/25/16 @ 12:05 PM
ramhead36
ramhead36
USER since 2/25/09

Any report from the opening weekend? We will be up on the west arm next week. Hope the big girls haven't moved out yet.

Post Your Comment
5/18/16 @ 7:07 PM
fishguidealso
fishguidealso
USER since 2/5/10

Water temps today were 50+.fishing was good.every fish seems to be in 2-6 ft.caught everything on a x rap.crazy.muskies and trout were swimming all over the place.love clear water.bass were still deep.

Post Your Comment
5/17/16 @ 8:14 PM
fishguidealso
fishguidealso
USER since 2/5/10

Havnt been there yet except for looking by the dock.everything looks good.ice went out around the same time as normal.ive fished north of me and water temps were any where in between 42-48.iam sure there somewhat warmer and ill find out tomorrow.going for lake trout.last week was very cold with some rain and snow so that wouldn't of have helped water temps any.opener should be awesome as usual. Ill repirt tomorrow when i get home.

Post Your Comment
5/17/16 @ 6:12 PM
Deerlake1
Deerlake1
USER since 6/20/13

Big John the Fishing Guide what are the water levels like on Eagle?

Post Your Comment
5/17/16 @ 12:26 PM
ramhead36
ramhead36
USER since 2/25/09

Weather looks like it has been really nice (except for last weekend) water temp's should be warming up. Are the walleyes done spawning yet? We will be up in a couple of weeks

Post Your Comment
4/12/16 @ 12:11 PM
ramhead36
ramhead36
USER since 2/25/09
I agree fishguide. I can't speak for the other chains but My family and I have fish the west arm of Eagle for many years. 30" walleyes are common every year. You can't beat the West arm and the surrounding portage lakes in the early season. Last year we hit one of the portage lake perfect and boated many over 30".

Post Your Comment
4/11/16 @ 6:24 PM
fishguidealso
fishguidealso
USER since 2/5/10
Essox.its like i said tougher if you dont know it.west arm isa awesome fishing end.but your first time on your own can be tough.i guide from one end to the other so iam familiar with it all.doesnt matter to me where i fish its good everywhere.indian lake chain doesnt hold a candle to eagle lake,its to bad you didnt stay and try or hired a guide.you missed the boat on some of the best fishing in the area.

Post Your Comment
4/11/16 @ 4:39 PM
ESOX68
ESOX68
USER since 2/21/06
I've been on both ends and the South end is much better. So you have a good fast boat go there. I didn't when I stayed on the north end. I stayed at Vemillion Bay lodge. I pulled my boat and went to the Indian Chain were I went the year before. I still stayed at the resort cause the Chain isn't to far away. But I'll never stay on the north end again.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 16 Posts