Eagle Lake South Shore Lodge

8/7/14 @ 3:07 PM
ORIGINAL POST
upnorthslayer
upnorthslayer
USER since 2/4/13
Anyone out there have any info on this place. Never fished up there, fishing tips on this lake would be helpful I only fished in Canada in the spring.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 Posts
6/17/15 @ 3:37 PM
Weedman52
Weedman52
USER since 6/17/15
Just returned from a week at South Shore Lodge. Great fishing! Walleye's still shallow. Find wind, reeds, and weeds and you will do well. Jim and Gail are great hosts. I would recommend SSL to anyone looking for good fishing, great food, and rustic but nice accommodations.

Post Your Comment
5/14/15 @ 3:37 PM
Pipers17
Pipers17
USER since 5/14/15
I'm headed to South Shore Lodge on June 1 first timer on Eagle. Will be hunting walleye, northern and smallies. Any tips for early June in terms of bait and depths for walleye and smallies? My understanding is the northern are pretty aggressive in most shallow bays around the camp. Thanks for any info.

Post Your Comment
2/24/15 @ 4:03 PM
The Fishinnut
The Fishinnut
USER since 8/11/10
I would also recommend a guide 1st day or 2.

Gone,Thats where we go every yr,tell Marcel you want to hire Cal Richie for the 1st day there Wink Great guide ! Check out Clearwater lake, decent water levels will take about 45 min. to get there, great Lake Trout fishing ! Water level low = don't try it.

Post Your Comment
12/16/14 @ 7:51 AM
Gone
Gone
USER since 12/16/14
We booked a week with Birch Dale Lodge in June. Do you have any advice for me on the fishing that time of year? I am not sure as to where South Shore Lodge is to Birch Dale Lodge.

Thank you

Post Your Comment
8/25/14 @ 5:41 PM
muskiedavid
muskiedavid
USER since 6/11/14
To upnortyhslayer,, I have been going to South Shore Lodge for 39 years. I fell in love with it the first time there and just kept going every year. I fish Muskie and Walleye. It's location allows you to go either to the northern part or the southern part of the lake. There is good fishing very close to the resort for all fish. My largest Muskie (42 pounds) was caught two minutes from camp. The owner will gladly mark a map for you to the best spots. The meals are very good or you can bring your own food. I can direct you to good spots also. Call me if you want. 715-347-7043 ask for Dave

Post Your Comment
8/20/14 @ 4:11 PM
whitey'swhaler
whitey'swhaler
USER since 5/31/09
I've stayed there the last 3 year years. the cabins are rustic but comfortable. upgrade to the larger boat w/ 40 hp motor. We do our own cooking but understand their meals are good. The owner is a nice guy and will give you some spots to fish. We mainly go for walleye but fish for northerns and bass. A lot of guys at the lodge were there for muskies. Depending on your fishing abilities (mine aren't that high) I would try and get a guide at least the 1st or 2nd day. Every year has been a little different for us. Weather plays a big factor. We go the 3rd week in July. We have had days where we caught 50 walleyes and days where we caught 2. Good fishing is close to the lodge. If you have any questions feel free to ask me.

Post Your Comment
8/19/14 @ 2:15 PM
Wisconsin52
Wisconsin52
USER since 5/25/12
upnorthslayer I would look into Temple Bay they are Super people

Post Your Comment