eagle lake report

6/15/15 @ 7:00 AM
ORIGINAL POST
fishguidealso
fishguidealso
USER since 2/5/10
Guided 8 days on eagle lake out of fin and feather.had a great week.weather was great.walleyes were super easy to catch as they were in shallow bays in 5 ft of water.had a number of young kids in the party and all 4 guide boats got the kids on fish.tons of eaters, slots.didnt get into any huge ones.pike were hungry and caught lots everyday with a some real goid ones up to 40".bass were catchable but dangerous with the youngsters.lol.everyday day there were muskie sightings, accidental catches.some big fish on on released boatside as the season is closed.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 25 Posts
9/9/15 @ 5:20 PM
Fonzie
Fonzie
USER since 1/4/09
I'm on Eagle Lake this week and the walleye bite has been great ! Plenty of slot fish and nice eaters every day as well. Bottom bouncers with a crawler in 20'to 30' has been the ticket.

Post Your Comment
9/7/15 @ 5:10 PM
Ice-fishin
Ice-fishin
USER since 4/25/15
Sorry to hear you had a tough time on cedar. I've fished Eagle several times...really big lake. Lots of rocks and easy to get turned around on.

We were on cedar for first time this year. Lots of water, plenty of spots, but manageable body of water.

There are some great guides on eagle who can break the lake down for you. Wayne at Cedar Point is awesome.

We went out with two guides on cedar. Charlie Beanish and one other...an old timer who's name I can't remember. Both were top notch. I really appreciated how they volunteered to mark up some hot spots for us. We fished those spots and had great luck!

I can't wait to go back to Cedar!

Post Your Comment
9/5/15 @ 8:02 PM
fishguidealso
fishguidealso
USER since 2/5/10
Hi ed.did talk to ray.not sure if you had wanted me to guide you or not.fished cedar yestrrday with my wife a didnt have any problems catching fish.they were not on the humps so we fished other areas that i know they frequent when the fishing gets into this stage.which is very normal but never know which week it happens in and how long it lasts.bad thunder storms rolling through the area right now again.

Post Your Comment
9/5/15 @ 10:29 AM
Ed Franko
Big Ed's Guide Service
USER since 5/6/15
I had a tough week on Cedar the fish won we lost... This time I will be back.. We had lots of Musky follows but none ate. They would follow the figure 8 and then sink never to be seen again. we had a huge bloom on the lake making the water clarity pretty rough on half of the lake.. Bass and Walleye were deep and really hard to catch. Not normal fishing I understand for that lake. last year the fish were biting in 3 to 9 foot of water. Talked to several people that have been long timers on the lake and they said it was way off. The lake is a beautiful lake and it has so many good looking spots that there is no way you could fish them all. As I said I will be back. Thanks to Ray and Kathy for the wonderful hospitality At Cedar Point Lodge... Hey the fishing was great the catching just was not real good. I will be back fish that's a warning!

Big Ed’s Guide Service
(573) 692-6710
Post Your Comment
9/1/15 @ 9:05 PM
fishguidealso
fishguidealso
USER since 2/5/10
Spent four days on eagle guiding out of temple bay.wed-sat.fishing out of temple bay.fish are deep to 40 ft.shouldnt targer them at that depth or there will be a high mortality. I fished to around 25 ft and did well all four days.fish are biting very slow but steady as the day went on.mostly 12-16" fish.some slot fish and some overs.but its normall this time of the yearto get fishing like that.have to bounce around and try many spots to find larger fish.did go shallow into some weed beds and found some larger fish in the 6-10' cabbage.lots of smaller pike in there as well.muskies were taking a lot of walleyes and there a bonus to wrestle with but didnt land any.but was fun.iam out of temple bay forca day tomorrow. Will let you know if there are any changes.

Post Your Comment
8/31/15 @ 7:15 PM
Deerlake1
Deerlake1
USER since 6/20/13
Try to get Fishingguides input on Eagle Lake. Big John has fished that lake for probably a hundred years( just kidding!) One of the best on the lake and area. He is posted on this website

Post Your Comment
8/18/15 @ 10:50 AM
Fred K
Fred K
USER since 7/19/01
Having fished Lac Seul for the last 20 years I may have the opportunity to fish TBL Sept 5 to Sept 11 Can someone share there thoughts on what I can expect at this time of year.

Thanks in Advance

<*(((<>

Post Your Comment
7/7/15 @ 5:52 AM
Deerlake1
Deerlake1
USER since 6/20/13
I did three times and the Northerns bit me off so we just did the jig and minnow thing. Had bite offs there also but not as often. The jigs were working so well it didn't make sense to go overboard on the lindy.. Had Larry as a guide one day had a great day with him. Had a lot of good laughs with him. He misses his old drinking buddy. Stay warm I see it's a little chilly this morning!

Post Your Comment
7/6/15 @ 9:28 PM
fishguidealso
fishguidealso
USER since 2/5/10
Sounds like a great trip.iam on eagle the next few days again.sorry i missed you.did you try thd lindy rigs.

Post Your Comment
7/6/15 @ 2:56 PM
Deerlake1
Deerlake1
USER since 6/20/13
Returned last night from Temple Bay Lodge 5 Nights 4 days Central Wisconsin Bus Trip. The Walleyes were on the humps and in the weeds. Biggest Walleye in our boat was a 29" . The three of us in my boat caught more than 10 fish over the 23" slot size. Had over 30 "eyes" in the slot and more than two hundred under the 18" slot for 4 days of fishing. Had shore lunch everyday and put my self on a diet this week, just too much good food at Temple Bay. Biggest Northern in our boat was a 34" and released (just under the 35" slot limit). Didn't really chase Northerns. All were caught while using jig and minnow for Walleyes. All our fishing was with Jigs & minnows. The jig color differed from day to day. First day plain jigs worked, second day white with pink tint was hot for the day, third day chartreuse and orange with an eye, Saturday our last day we all used different colors and at one time on one hump we all had on an over slot fish on at almost the same time with different colors at 3:00 on a sunny 80 degree afternoon in 12 feet of water. It was crazy good spectacular fishing on Eagle Lake again this year. Some of the guys on our bus have been taking this bus trip for 23 years to Temple Bay Lodge they must do something right to have guys come back that many years. This was my 10th trip and plan on heading back again next year. Jeff and the staff should be complimented on a great week for the 47 fisher persons on our Central Wisconsin Bus. Just a side note one of the guys in the camp was trolling a hump with a Rapala in the evening, caught and released a 50" Muskie. Watch TB face book page for picture. Also Jeff informed us he has the same price for the 2016 5 nights 4 days fishing package from Wisconsin. Good fishing to All!!! If you any questions I will try to answer. Deer lake 1

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 25 Posts