Eagle lake near Dryden

6/19/14 @ 4:44 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Deerlake1
Deerlake1
USER since 6/20/13
Anyone recently back from Eagle Lake to give update on water levels, mayflies, bugs, fishing????? Leaving July 1 to Temple Bay Lodge out of Central Wisconsin on their coach bus. Thanks Big Smile
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 45 Posts
7/2/16 @ 4:32 PM
fishhook
fishhook
USER since 9/16/01

Here's some good info from people for eagle lake,vs starting another one.

Post Your Comment
6/27/16 @ 8:19 PM
fishguidealso
fishguidealso
USER since 2/5/10

Let me know.

Water levels are high, mayflies have exploded last week.

Post Your Comment
6/27/16 @ 7:33 PM
Deerlake1
Deerlake1
USER since 6/20/13

Big John,

Thanks for report much appreciated. If we don't see you on the water I will let you know how we do when we get back.

Post Your Comment
6/27/16 @ 6:49 PM
fishguidealso
fishguidealso
USER since 2/5/10
Been on eagle for the the last three weeks.all three weeks have been excellent.just last week i started fishing some of the humps and lots of fish on some of them.but still lots of bigger fish in reserve, spring and mukluk.all weed fish.had some good fishing in boulder bay to.saw plenty of muskies but my guests had a tough time hooking them.guiding up at cedar lake now.fishing is also very good right now.very shallow today.

Post Your Comment
6/27/16 @ 1:23 PM
Deerlake1
Deerlake1
USER since 6/20/13

JJ

Good to hear your going up. Last year you gave me some good info when we got there, this year I will return the favor if we find the eyes and if we get any hot tips for you Muskie hunters. The website says the Muskies are starting to come alive.

Have a safe trip. 

Post Your Comment
6/27/16 @ 12:58 PM
Esox JJ
Esox JJ
USER since 6/4/05

Deerlake, I just got back from the British Isles Saturday and was there for two weeks and didn't get online until today. I wasn't able to log in for some reason yesterday but was able to do so now.  I called my buddy Gary and he said that you posted a question for me. Gary and I will be driving up this year because they cancelled the bus for this week. We will be leaving this Friday morning and spend the night in the states and get to the lodge Saturday sometime. Hope to see you there. JJ  

Post Your Comment
6/27/16 @ 4:52 AM
Deerlake1
Deerlake1
USER since 6/20/13

Big John we are leaving tomorrow on the bus are you on Eagle this week? I think Terry will have an old guide boat so stop and say Hi if you see himself any of the old Wautoma crew. I think you said you were guiding last week on Eagle any advise on where to start on Wednesday morning? Any help is much appreciated.

Post Your Comment
6/17/16 @ 9:58 AM
Deerlake1
Deerlake1
USER since 6/20/13

First get the Fishing Hotspots map for Eagle Lake. This is a must!!!!!!! This lake is 60,000 acres and 400+ islands. The big water areas can get pretty rough for even big guide boats at times.Respect this lake for its tenacity at times. The map is 2 sided, one for the western side basin - Vermillion Bay area and the other side is the eastern basin for the main bodies of water and bays. In the lower right hand corner in eastern basin is a public boat launch in North Bay just north of Osbourne Bay. The map says it 8.5 miles on a gravel  road. The map says the road is called Century Rd. If you find the launch you should have no problem catching fish. This is probably one of the safer areas for kayaks with lots of sheltered bays. I believe Century Lodge is the only resort on that part of the lake. They have their own private boat launch inBear Narrows.Check out their website for a little insight on Osbourne Bay fishing. I have no knowledge on the western basin. Perhaps Big John or Gord could give more info for kayak fishing spots or launches in other areas on the lake. A couple other spots on the map -There is a public launch in Eagle Bay at the top of the eastern basin but there are no sheltered areas for kayak fishing. Temple Bay Lodge has a private launch on Temple Bay, they and other resorts may charge to launch.

Good Luck

Post Your Comment
6/17/16 @ 9:42 AM
Mohican
Mohican
USER since 1/10/06

Just fished last week and the walleyes were in 12-14 ft of water around grass beds. Fished small jigs 1/8 oz. with minnows. Trolled a little with bottom bouncers and nightcrawlers and tehy also worked.

Post Your Comment
6/17/16 @ 5:02 AM
coosabass2011
coosabass2011
MEMBER since 12/22/08

Just a question... I'm heading up to the Eagle Lake area in a couple of weeks with kayaks for a week of camping and kayak fishing.  Any suggestions for sheltered waters that have easy carry-down access?  Targeting northern pike and smallmouth, walleyes for lunch.  Thanks!

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 45 Posts