Eagle Lake-Deer Trail Lodge

6/8/15 @ 8:33 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Mohican
Mohican
USER since 1/10/06
Spent the week at Deer Trail Lodge on Eagle Lake, Ontario. Weather and fishing was great. 40 " Musky on 1/8 oz. orange jig w/uncle josh 3"minnow took 25 minutes to land on light weight walleye rig. Fished the Waldorf Bay 6-12 ft, jigs with 1/2 nightcrawler and flicker shads, purple. 27" walleye largest saw some 30" caught. Richard and Ruth are great hosts and cook a mean fish fry. Smile
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 Posts
7/2/16 @ 4:37 PM
fishhook
fishhook
USER since 9/16/01

Post Your Comment
6/13/16 @ 12:51 PM
Mohican
Mohican
USER since 1/10/06

Spent the week with Rich and Ruh at Deer Trail lodge - Great fishing booted over 8 walleye over 21" with the largest 27 1/2" . THey were hitting soft and chewing on the minnow. went down toa 1/16th oz.jig and waited for them to chew on it. they more aor less jst sucked it in and you could tell if your jig didn't hit at the same rate every time. Great boats to fish out of new Crestliners

Post Your Comment
5/13/16 @ 7:32 AM
Mohican
Mohican
USER since 1/10/06

Going again the first of June anything happening up there i need to know about, naturally fishing but border crossing, road construction etc.

Post Your Comment
8/2/15 @ 5:21 PM
getinout
getinout
USER since 12/22/09
Glad to hear the fishing is better. Fun place to go. Might consider going back some day.

Post Your Comment
6/10/15 @ 6:31 PM
NARDA1
NARDA1
USER since 3/27/11
Getinout, things have changed quite a bit on Eagle due to the slot limits. I have fished out of Birch Dale Lodge for the last 26 years, which is in the same area, and have seen a vast improvement in the fishery. there are a number of very productive spots within a few minutes of the lodge. I have done quite well over the years without traveling very far from that area.

Post Your Comment
6/10/15 @ 1:49 PM
Mohican
Mohican
USER since 1/10/06
getinout check PM

Post Your Comment
6/10/15 @ 11:35 AM
getinout
getinout
USER since 12/22/09
Did you catch decent numbers of walleye near the lodge? I have not fished Eagle in many years. I have stayed at Deer Trail Lodge in the past and not done very well on walleyes. The last time I was there is when the Prices' just started running the place. Thanks!

Post Your Comment
6/9/15 @ 7:56 AM
Mohican
Mohican
USER since 1/10/06
I took my time not because it was a musky as I did not know until it was by the boat, I took my time not to stress a fish as I do not keep them. I also took my time reviving the fish and it swam of with authority, I also released several big walleyes over 20"

Post Your Comment
6/8/15 @ 9:41 PM
fishguidealso
fishguidealso
USER since 2/5/10
Glad you had a good week.on the matter of the accidental muskie, i would like to say that having a fish that size fight that long will normally kill them, even if you revive it and it swims off chances are it wont recover.hard to cut the line but its advisable to do that.especially since the season is closed for them.

Post Your Comment