cliff lake

6/15/15 @ 8:13 AM
ORIGINAL POST
fishguidealso
fishguidealso
USER since 2/5/10
Day off yesterday.went to cliff lake with my wife for a smallmouth day.launched at lost bay resort.smallies didnt dissapointe us.they were everywhere we fishied for them.back bays, rock piles, used x raps, tiny torpedoes, poppers, tiny beetle spins.they just slammed everything from tight to shore and out to ten ft.multiple follows when you caught one had 1-5 fish follow a caught fish to the boat.i would say the tiny torpedoe outfished the other lures.my wife tried ouf her fly rod and she had good success beinv new to the sport.i tried it but that was embarresing and was glad nkbidy saw me.lol.great weather and the clear water that cliff lake has adds to the fishingmsaw fish all day swimming and on there beds.caught a lot of 13-16"fish with a a few pushing 18".live catchinv them, they just dont give up fighting.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 Posts
6/27/15 @ 10:09 PM
fishguidealso
fishguidealso
USER since 2/5/10
Love smallmouth fishing on cliff lake.there everywhere you think they should be. spent thursday outvon cliff.took a couple of guts outcfor lake trout had a really good day catching.be headed there wed orcthurs for some myskies.let you know how that goes.gotcsone wicked t storms through the area today.

Post Your Comment
6/27/15 @ 11:52 AM
Ed Franko
Big Ed's Guide Service
USER since 5/6/15
John that sounds like fun.. It is hard to keep those smalljaws in the water once you get them hooked. We have very few smallies here at the lake but we do have Kentucky bass which are sometimes more aggressive than smallies but don't get as large.

Big Ed’s Guide Service
(573) 692-6710
Post Your Comment