cedar lake today

6/1/15 @ 4:46 PM
ORIGINAL POST
fishguidealso
fishguidealso
USER since 2/5/10
Was on cedar today, cruised on main lake and water temps were at 58 degres so its coming back up good.was on a crappie mission today but needed four walleyes for supper.stopped on one of my spring spots and the walleyes were on fire.five casts, two minnows and got four 16" walleyes.thats pretty good start.haha.stayed awhile and it was the same story for another 1/2 hr.moved over to another spot not far away and that was the same story.probably caught around 50 walleyes with in a hour and a half.took of for crappies and caught some real good ones right away plus thecwalleyes were right with the crappies.caught some good eaters in that spot.moved to another spot and caught a few but more walleyes than crappies.in the mean time iam dying cayse i havnt had a smoke for a while cause my lighter died.figured id head out, saw a boat coming and they stop where i had just been.went over to them to see if the had a lighter.the closer i got the better it looked when i noticed one guy had a cigar in his mouth.lol.he ended up giving me two lighters.pretty nice of him.they happen to be lake link members and hes read my pists.awesome meeting them out there.saved my butt.headed west towards my truck and stopped here and there.walleyes everywhere.should have some happy fisherman there this week.only going to get better.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 Posts
4/17/16 @ 6:57 PM
bouhntr
bouhntr
USER since 5/4/13
Thanks for the info fishguidealso the time is getting closer and we are really looking forward to being up there

Post Your Comment
4/12/16 @ 1:35 PM
fishguidealso
fishguidealso
USER since 2/5/10
Fish should be fairly shallow that time of year.like ive always said.its all got to do with water temps.regulr jigging should be the ticket.you wi be going right past clarkes northetn lights.i would pick up minnows there.all the camps sell the junky ones they get cheap.1/8 oz would be best.color is your choice they al seem to work well.a little trolling sometimes works with spinners if they slow down on jigs.you should pick up smallies on the rock piles staging to spawn.northetns will be in the bays but larger pike will be deeper already as they like cooler water.crappies will also be close to spawning beds and will have to see if there spawning. Need 60-65 degrees for them.hit and miss.jigs will work and bobbers.rest is up to you.good luck.

Post Your Comment
4/11/16 @ 6:18 PM
bouhntr
bouhntr
USER since 5/4/13
Thanks for the input , I think I figured it out

Post Your Comment
3/10/16 @ 10:53 AM
bouhntr
bouhntr
USER since 5/4/13
We will be on cedar lake staying at keystone lodge for the 1st time June 4 through the 10th any info on lures colors techniques for walleye, smallmouth , crappie ,thanks a lot cannot wait to get there

Post Your Comment
6/10/15 @ 9:26 PM
Ed Franko
Big Ed's Guide Service
USER since 5/6/15
Dang the luck ! I look so forward to the trip especially the cooler weather. Water temp is in the 80s here and the sun is blazing. Please put a X on the water for me so I will know where to fish.

Big Ed’s Guide Service
(573) 692-6710
Post Your Comment
6/7/15 @ 8:38 PM
fishguidealso
fishguidealso
USER since 2/5/10
Haha.again thx for the lighters.i was going into withdrawal syptoms.lol.crappies are on there beds on thursday.was fun.glad you had a good week.on eagle for the nexf few weeks now.fishing is pretty good, mostly smaller walleyes.guiding a big group 16 people for shorelunch.quite the production the last two days.well thx again.hope we meet up again. john.

Post Your Comment
6/7/15 @ 5:13 PM
csbadvisor
csbadvisor
USER since 12/1/09
John, Happy to help with the lighters . We moved to your spot after you left and just as you said, walleye in 5', grabbed a few and headed back to camp. Had another great week on Cedar. Walleye we're plentiful biggest in group was 28". All caught on jig and minnows in several areas around the lake. The crappie are a great bonus 6 guys and we each brought our limit home, gonna have an fun fish fry Cool

Edited on 6/7/15 5:21 PM
Post Your Comment