Canadian Fishing Trip Pictures

2/17/14 @ 10:17 AM
ORIGINAL POST
canadiandreams
canadiandreams
USER since 1/24/13
I have developed a strong interest in fishing in Canada lately and would like to see some pics of fish and scenery anyone would like to share. I hope to start fishing in Canada at least 2-3 times a year starting this year and I have a special interest in fishing the wilderness areas and some of the provincial parks via canoe. Here are some of my pics from fishing cedar lake last year and also neighboring cliff lake. Unfortunately, we went in mid-september and a huge cold front rolled in the day we got there and temps dove 30 degrees and it was snowing for a lot of the trip, which shut fishing down and put the fish into a very negative mood. We definitely were disappointed as we fished very hard all day everyday with little to show for our efforts. It was still a fun trip and the scenery was great. DOC
Edited on 2/17/14 10:20 AM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 12 Posts
8/5/14 @ 9:03 AM
Dave10
Dave10
USER since 6/20/01
Eagle Lake - 2014

Post Your Comment
8/5/14 @ 8:29 AM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
MEMBER since 3/25/14
Nungesser Lake....

Post Your Comment
2/24/14 @ 12:36 PM
MPOPP
MPOPP
USER since 3/28/11
Here are a few from various trips around ear falls. Big fish and beautiful scenery.

Edited on 2/24/14 12:40 PM
Post Your Comment
2/21/14 @ 11:01 AM
Horble
Horble
USER since 4/11/08
Sent it to you on your messenger. Few more pics...

Post Your Comment
2/21/14 @ 10:12 AM
canadiandreams
canadiandreams
USER since 1/24/13
Hey Steve, could you try to send me your email (if you have one)so I can contact you. The messenger on here is giving me problems. I cant even send a message out without getting that "oops, weve encountered a problem" message. For some reason I can still receive messages though. Thanks. Sam

Post Your Comment
2/21/14 @ 8:26 AM
CVS
CVS
USER since 1/27/11
These are pics of a few trips. A fog bang that rolled in as we were running for cover. By the time we got halfway we could not even see the dock we just guessed. One is from a beaver who thought we were intruding and would not go away. We still caught a bunch of smallies who must have been feeding on the same crawfish he/she was.

Post Your Comment
2/19/14 @ 8:50 AM
canadiandreams
canadiandreams
USER since 1/24/13
Nice pics Steve and Harris17. Spring cant come soon enough! Especially with the winter we are having this year!

Post Your Comment
2/18/14 @ 1:57 PM
Horble
Horble
USER since 4/11/08
Threw in a picture of a winter trapper cabin we stumbled across on this trip. It was set back off the water 50 yards in the middle of nowhere.

Edited on 2/18/14 1:59 PM
Post Your Comment
2/18/14 @ 1:53 PM
Horble
Horble
USER since 4/11/08
Here are a couple more: First is an 18" brookie which was going into the frying pan for lunch, northern Quebec. We slaughtered the fish, with brookies up to 7 lbs. Second one is the same trip. We were pulling lakers out of the whitewater pools, and they would run up to 24". Third one isn't a fish, but filled a bear tag on the second night so I got to fish the rest of the week. The walleyes and pike were endless, but it was a lot of work getting into the remote lakes. This was 45 miles northwest of Ear Falls on the edge of Woodland Caribou provincial park.

Edited on 2/18/14 2:00 PM
Post Your Comment
2/17/14 @ 8:35 PM
Horble
Horble
USER since 4/11/08
Here's a couple: First one is Brennan Falls in Wabakimi Provincial Park on the Allanwater River downriver from Granite Lake. We portaged this and camped at the base of the falls. Part of a 160 mile paddle to Whitewater lake. Great fishing. Second one is I believe the third drop falls that we portaged on the Kopka River southwest of Armstrong, as it descends toward Nipigon. These pools below the falls were absolutely stacked with walleyes. Third one is just an evening shot from our campsite on possibly Goose Lake on the Berens River north of Red Lake. We paddled the Serpent River down to the indian village on Berens Lake, approx 180 miles.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 12 Posts