Boat or Motor Damage

2/13/15 @ 8:03 AM
ORIGINAL POST
wini
wini
USER since 3/27/06
I have been going to Canada for many years. I am wondering what your camp does about boat or motor damage. Are you expected to pay for the damage? Are danger areas marked on a map? What do you do to avoid damage? As for guys that take their own boats, seems running at even moderate speeds on unfamiliar lakes can lead to damage if you hit that unknown rock.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 Posts
2/25/15 @ 6:03 PM
Canada Bound
Canada Bound
USER since 2/19/10
My opinion would be if you break it you buy it. A lot of people are more careless with rental equipment than they are with there own. It wouldn't be right to expect a resort owner to eat the damage.

Post Your Comment
2/25/15 @ 9:41 AM
wini
wini
USER since 3/27/06
The purpose of my initial post was not to suggest what is right or wrong in relation to damage, but just to find out how the problem is handled.

I note one camp adds an $18 charge to everyone's bill to cover damage. I kind of like that idea.

Post Your Comment
2/24/15 @ 10:28 AM
Jax
Jax
USER since 1/5/06
where I go if you break it you pay for it. However, they are quite lenient for things like dinged props. That said, dinged doesn't mean a blade missing, it means filable or roughed up a bit.

Post Your Comment
2/15/15 @ 7:12 AM
Canada Bound
Canada Bound
USER since 2/19/10
I have known people that have taken out the whole bottom end on the larger 50 horse rental camp boats. Damages were in the $4000-5000 range, they were responsible for the damages however the person who rented the boat had homeowners insurance that picked it up minus the deductible. I did check with my homeowners policy and mine would cover as well if I ever needed it. Might be worth looking into in advance.

Post Your Comment
2/14/15 @ 8:17 AM
Shad
Shad
USER since 8/27/01
Also consider how much the rental costs. Our rates are as competitive as anywhere and the adventure is unmatched, but then again our camp was started by fisherman by fisherman who know how hard most people work for their money and we are not out to fill our pockets, but rather have you come back and enjoy your stay for many, many years!

Post Your Comment
2/14/15 @ 6:36 AM
port1042
port1042
MEMBER since 2/11/12
Just my experience. I have been fishing from the same lodge for the past few years. Last year, in a bay I was familiar with, I clipped a rock that I knew was there. Just stupid! Anyway when I returned to the dock I told the dock hand and it was necessary to replace the prop. When I checked out I noticed there was not a charge for the prop so I asked about it. The response was "your a good customer and we're not going to charge you for that." The truth is I signed an agreement saying it was my responsibility and I expected a bill for about $100.00. The lodge probably got a lot more than that since I'm not looking to go anywhere else.

Post Your Comment
2/13/15 @ 4:09 PM
Shad
Shad
USER since 8/27/01
The MNR has forms that should be filled out by anyone renting boats/motors. Our forms clearly state that the renter is responsible for any damage occurred. Certainly hazards need to be pointed out, but if you are running full speed to the shore you can expect damage as well as paying for the damages.

We are fully aware things happen and if they are pointed out as they happen, we fix them, but again our prices are set to provide customers with an affordable vacation. Hope this helps!

Post Your Comment