SEARCH
MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

Best week of the year

6/13/19 @ 11:53 PM
INITIAL POST
Doug Stange's Evil Twin
User since 9/25/15

I head north tomorrow a.m. with my favorite men in the world to a place we all love. I bring my son... 14 years.. and a handful.. trying to find his place in  the herd.  A communion, but a dying one... being replaced by rock climbing or Pokemon-Go or whatever millennials bond over.

To catch walleye so gold and thick, you'd weep if not for maintaining your dignity.

Big Pike that surprise you when you least expect it.  Little pike that defuckulate your line and landing net for 15 minutes if your dare net them.

Lake trout that get a running start to crush lures 50 feet below your feet. 

We will eat deer sausage and cheese for lunch on rocky islands, washed down with a luke warm Leinie's or Point Beer (fuck the Ontario beer transport laws, it's only one) that never taste better.

We will share stories of triumph, personal matters, secrets, joy and pain. Fishing stories retold to the same chorus of laughter like Beatle's tunes which automatically evoke toe taping. We will laugh so hard are cheeks hurt the next day.

Tomorrow I am alive.

Tomorrow I am awake.

We get 6 and half precious days to do this.

Tomorrow I am going to Canada.

May you all experience this elixir,

Doug Stange's Evil Twin

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
6/26/19 @ 10:28 PM
Doug Stange's Evil Twin
User since 9/25/15

Trip was awesome.

Stable weather.  Walleyes on rip-n-raps, Hot-n-tots, blade baits, swim baits, Power Bait.  Everything worked.

6/19/19 @ 9:10 AM
TallPinesPerrault
User since 1/21/19

Poetic words! Love this- hope your trip was amazing

6/14/19 @ 6:28 AM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01

Amen brother. Safe travel and tight lines!

6/14/19 @ 6:16 AM
rondogpike
rondogpike
User since 6/22/06

Twin,

Great intro to your trip. I look forward to reading more on your return!

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE