Cedar Lake, Ontario

4/12/02 @ 9:09 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Poboy
Poboy
USER since 1/9/02
I am planning a trip to Cedar Lake in late June. I was wondering if any one has been there. Any suggestions? Patterns? Hot spots? Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 827 Posts
8/20/18 @ 8:00 PM
sh5469
sh5469
USER since 10/4/02

Anyone doing any good on walleyes and crappies? Heading up Thursday evening for a week and any comments would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Post Your Comment
8/2/18 @ 11:59 AM
Greatbigfish
Greatbigfish
USER since 2/10/10

Thanks so much Wahawk for your suggestions.  Gives us a few good spots to check out.

Post Your Comment
8/2/18 @ 9:09 AM
Wahawk
Wahawk
USER since 8/2/18

For muskies on Cedar Lake in Ontario in August hit the cabbage which I'm told is good this year.  The rock points also produce some nice fish.  There is some large cabbage patches in the southern bay on the west side of the lake.  This lake holds a very high number of muskies and lots of 40" plus fish.  On the east side hit Musky Bay and the north shore heading back to the west along with any cabbage you find.  On the north end there is some good water in and around East Bay.  Hope this helps.

Post Your Comment
8/2/18 @ 9:02 AM
Wahawk
Wahawk
USER since 8/2/18

Because of your camp location on the south end of the lake you will probably want to limit your fishing to the west lake area.  The three islands across from your camp offer some decent walleye fishing as does the far shore on the north side.  Troll from 9' to 16' deep using jig and minnow or twister tails (2 1/2" to 3") from west to east.  Also the east end on south shore where there is a point just outside of hatfield bay.  The point is called the dinner bell and is good for evening walleyes.  Also troll from the north end of hatfield to the north up to and around the small islands...There are some small bays across from these small islands where the lake channel narrows.  Go north along the west shore.  Further north into Cedar go to the narrow channel north of Cedar Lake Lodge.  Fish in and around this area.  As you exit the narrows try the small islands and bays as well.  As for panfish,  there are perch available but size can be an issue.  Stick near the reeds with small plastics or minnows.  Typically 4' to 6'.  The area on the west side I know of that has crappies is Nelson Lake on the west side of the main lake past the narrows.  Fish the north end of the lake (west side).  Perch also along the reeds and in the bays on the north side.   Good luck.  I will be there the same time you are as well.  Watch out for the muskies.

Post Your Comment
7/28/18 @ 12:35 AM
Anchor-man
Anchor-man
USER since 12/15/12

A friend and I are headed to Cedar 8-4, we are first timers to the lake and staying at Clark's Northern Lights.  We are looking for some tips or just general information to get started on this lake targeting Walleye and pan fish. We don't want to take anyone's spots just looking for a nudge in the right direction, if anyone can message or help out it would be much appreciated. Thanks and good luck to all!

Post Your Comment
7/26/18 @ 10:09 AM
06tracker
06tracker
USER since 1/8/10

Greatbigfish, turn on your PM

Post Your Comment
7/25/18 @ 5:11 PM
Greatbigfish
Greatbigfish
USER since 2/10/10

Heading up to fish Cedar Lake for the first time on August 11th.  I am wondering how the musky fishing has been, and if anyone has suggestions on where to focus our efforts this year.  I'm not asking for your secret spots (although I would accept that, LOL), but rather general guidance on where to focus in mid-August.  West/East?  Weeds/rocks?  Etc.   Any inputs are much appreciated.

Post Your Comment
7/1/18 @ 10:08 AM
Goosepike
Goosepike
USER since 7/3/03

Water Level seems normal, surface temps average were 74-75. In middle of Mayfly hatch, seems less than other years. Bite was either hot or not. Had a great week fishing on Cedar, always do!

Post Your Comment
7/1/18 @ 9:32 AM
Kobayashi Maru
Kobayashi Maru
USER since 6/7/16

Anyone been on Cedar the last few days that can give a report?...we are heading that way next week. Just wondering how lake level is, water temps, any bug hatches, how has fishing been, etc..thanks

Post Your Comment
6/17/18 @ 6:53 PM
fishguidealso
fishguidealso
USER since 2/5/10

Hope to see you ed.have a great season.

Cedar has been up and down last few days.Friday good today slower.crappies of there beds.going to try to find some today.bass are on fire on rock piles.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 827 Posts