Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

Non-Ethanol Gas Stations links & locations - Wisconsin

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

compressor
compressor
Level: General User
7/25/08 11:01 AM CST
Feel free to add locations and links of places that sell 100% gas in Wisconsin. Please leave discussions out of this thread to make it easier for people. You can also google for "non-ethanol gas wisconsin". (or your area)

http://www.mfba.org/showthread.php?p=513586

http://www.madisongasprices.com/Forum_MSG.aspx?master=1&category=1112&topic=259604&page_no=1&FAV=N

http://www.wiba.com/pages/vicki.html?page=3 (Scroll down)

http://www.molonyrealestate.com/Ethanol_Free_Gas_Stations_in_Wisconsin.html

[This post was last edited on 7/25/08 at 11:03 AM]
Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 30
Big Yonsson
See Profile
Level: MEMBER
6/7/13 10:46 PM CST
Keep telling yourself that.

erico
erico
11/20/08 8:08 AM CST
Wayne's Auto on Cottage Grove Rd has all 3 grades of gas without ethanol, it' usually 5-10 cents a gallon more, but the only place I know of. It's down by the Ace Hardware store.

Mad Trapper
Mad Trapper
Level: MEMBER
11/20/08 6:44 AM CST
Is there any where in the Madison area that has no ethanol reg gas? Those links are so old everything has changed.

fishydog
See Profile
11/19/08 9:51 PM CST
The Fleet Farm in Stevens Point on Hwy. 10, 87 octane only.

bueller
See Profile
11/19/08 7:18 AM CST
Thanks hunter53089

hunter53089
See Profile
11/18/08 2:29 PM CST
The Buckhorn Camp Ground Store by Buckhorn State Park near Necedah has non-ethanol for its premium grade, but its 30 cents more a gallon. Mainly for outboards.

bueller
See Profile
11/18/08 2:11 PM CST
Any ethanol free gas near Necedah or Mauston?

golfinghunter
golfinghunter
11/18/08 11:39 AM CST
independent gas station in Oakfield, 8 miles sw of Fond du Lac, still has all three grades of Non-ethanol gas. Gas is 4-8 cents more a gal, but worth it. Tounge Out

Everbreeze4ever
Everbreeze4ever
8/16/08 10:43 PM CST
team benelli,

Quite contrary to what you state, I am not a liberal. Most believe I am quite conservative. I just also support renewables, recycling, and use reductions. My fuel bill is well over $1000 a month so if anyone should complain about high prices I should. However my trucks & tractors do not run on water.

team benelli
team benelli
8/16/08 8:06 AM CST
Shagnasty

everbreeze is one of countless liberals that want high gas prices because there more worried about the environment than the life style or welfare of the common man. let jo blo suffer if it keeps him out of that evil suv or from driving long distances. some people get so wrapped up and in such a panic over the whole global warming buzz its sick. you cant let (climate change) change your whole life.

but anyway, there is a shell gas station in east troy, just past waukesha border that sells 100% gas. thats the only one around s.e. part of state i know of.

Everbreeze4ever
Everbreeze4ever
8/16/08 1:49 AM CST
If you find a rich farmer please let me know. Corn prices just dropped! But input costs have stayed the same for farmers.

I have a hard enough time paying my mortgage every month, let alone think about how to pay for my seed for fall planting.

[This post was last edited on 8/16/08 at 1:59 AM]
Shagnasty
See Profile
8/16/08 12:23 AM CST
well, my friend...you chose a public forum, let's keep it that way.

The only "math" I put into the argument is that my mileage goes up by 4 + mpg. I have a 28 gallon tank. 4 times 28 is the rationale for my statement. Farmers are getting rich off my decreased mileage and I don't care what kind of corn is used, it is still corn. To steal a line from Larry, using corn in your fuel is like wiping BEFORE you poop. It doesn't make any sense. If all the pigs, cows and chickens FOOD was not being made into a very poor gas additive, I would not be paying what I am for CHICKEN WINGS.

Obviously everclearbreeze-something is a fan of corn gas. Tell you what, bud. You use corn, I'll use gas. Full tank, same road, same vehicle. Winner takes all.

Your friend...Shag

Big Smile

Everbreeze4ever
Everbreeze4ever
8/15/08 11:42 PM CST
Shagnasty,

(90% Gas @ 115,500Btu/gallon x .9 = 103950) + (10% Ethanol @ 76,000 Btu/gallon x .1 = 7,600) = 111,550 Btu/gallon of E10

E10 111,550 Btu’s is 96.6% of Gasoline’s 115,500 Btu’s

Based on Btu’s mpg should be reduced by (100 – 96.6 = 3.4) 3.4%

You state you go from 15.5 mpg when running 100% gas to 11.8 mpg when running e10. That is a decrease of 23.9%. 7 times what Btu math says it should decrease.

Please message me the math that proves Btu’s mean everything when it comes to mileage.

[This post was last edited on 8/16/08 at 12:02 AM]
Everbreeze4ever
Everbreeze4ever
8/15/08 11:40 PM CST
The corn that goes into the Ethanol process produces a by product called distillers grains. These grains are used in commercial feeds for Chickens, Cows, Pigs, etc. These grains are a concentration of the protein, fiber, minerals and nutrients from the corn seed as only the starch is used for ethanol production.

Less than 20% of the corn grown in the United States is used for human consumption, this includes the corn used for cooking oil, high fructose syrup, and actual corn used in things such as tortilla shells and cereals such as corn flakes. Ethanol is and has never been meant to replace gasoline.

Ethanol is meant to enhance our fuel supply; create local jobs within the United States; replace MTBE which is a nasty carcinogen, as an Oxygenate in gasoline; and to provide an outlet for all of the unused corn supply in this country.

No one is saying we should divert 100% of the corn supply to the Ethanol process, however even if we did food prices would not go up 1000%, as again the supply of distillers grains would increase just as much leaving plenty of feed for our livestock which people like to eat so very much. 99% of the farmland used to grow corn never sees produce items which we buy in a store. It gets rotated between big ticket crops such as soy beans, alfalfa, wheat, and oats. And all of these crops have to be rotated otherwise yields go down as nutrient and pest pest problems develop. Farmers know this and as a result rotate the crops they grow from year to year even though they may not make as much growing them.

Maybe food prices should go up 1000%, then maybe we won't have 50% of the American population over weight or obese!

Facts on recent increases in fuel and food

Over the past year, oil prices have jumped by nearly 100%

In 2007, food prices increased by about 4% overall.

In 2007, the same year the U.S. produced a record amount of ethanol from corn, the U.S. increased it surplus of corn to more than 1.4 billion bushels. In a record ethanol year, the U.S. actually fed more of the world by increasing its exports of corn by 6%.

Food marketing costs now account for 80% of the cost of food. Marketing costs are the difference between the farm value and consumer spending for food at grocery stores and restaurants.

Corn accounts for less than 5% of the price a box of corn flakes.

The price of rice is now up 77% since October. Rice is not used is the production of biofuels. Corn for ethanol cannot be grown in rice paddies.

As a whole, fish prices are up. Fuel prices account for approximately 60%-70% of operating costs of fishermen. Fish are not used in the production of biofuels.

An increasing amount of biofuels are produced from nontraditional feedstocks such as waste products from the beverage, food, and forestry industries. In the very near future, biofuels will be produced from agricultural residues such as grain straw, sugarcane bagasse, corn stover, municipal solid waste, and energy crops such as switchgrass and algae.

[This post was last edited on 8/15/08 at 11:48 PM]
Shagnasty
See Profile
8/15/08 10:16 PM CST
whitetail...I'm with you. Corn goes on your dinner plate, NOT in the gas tank. I know the post asks that this does not become the issue, so I will refrain from the lecture on BTU's...

I live in Waukesha county. The is NO gas here at all. Only the 10% corn. I also drive a Nissan Titan and pull a Ranger boat. Here's how sad things are...I have been known to drive halfway to Beloit to find real gas for my boat and truck. Even though I travel 50 miles to get it, the increase in mileage more than compensates. I go from 11.8 to 15.5 MPG with non-corn gas. Whose idea was that anyway???? ADM?

Shag Angry

Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 30
Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Midwestern Shooters Supply Hard And Soft Fishing Fenwick HT Plano

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook