ugotwhat
User since 2/10/09
Had a discussion on n this topic with a friend
Displaying 1 to 15 of 53 posts
12/13/15 @ 5:32 PM
MPOPP
MPOPP
User since 3/28/11
Have a 2002 Angler SS. I love the boat and hope it lasts forever. I have put that boat through weather and waves I never thought a 17 foot boat would handle. No leaky rivets or transom issues and my boat takes a beating in Canada, Michigan, and Bago. Out in Rain, Snow, and Cold. Only problems so far is I am taking it in for some work on switches and wiring for my livewell. When Lund builds a better boat than what I got I will upgrade as I wish my boat was 18'.
12/8/15 @ 3:41 PM
Esoxluv
User since 8/16/05
I had two Lunds. Liked them both. The last one was a 2000 Mr. Pike. Transom rotted out. This was a garage kept boat. Same story posted about Lund - No help from Lund. So when to a Lund dealer and wanted my Yamaha put on a new Lund. $1500 to derig mercury to Yamaha. The dealer was so indifferent and could not care if he sold me a boat or not. When to Alumacraft dealer and bought a 2014 175 Voyageur. The dealer could not have been more helpful or customer focused. A night and day difference. (see Frank at Rock River Marina) Very happy with the Alumacraft. I think its really the dealer that makes the difference.
12/3/15 @ 2:03 PM
fishen_soon
User since 6/24/14
I like both. Was looking for a 18 ft Tiller Alumacraft Tournament Pro w/ a 90 4S Merc. Could not find one close. Ended up getting a 2013 2010 Pro Guide with a 150 Verado. Had it only one season so far but love both. Ride is dry IMO and that motor just up and shoots out of the hole. I had limited my search to Alumacraft because I thought I would never be able to afford a LUND. Purchase a boat in February when it is 13 deg. below and you can get deals. Ches.
9/21/15 @ 4:05 PM
P'TownPig194
User since 1/9/04
I never had an Alumacraft, but I do have a 2004 Lund. I haven't been able to use it since July because it has a rotten transom. This will be about a $4k fix. I love the layout of the boat and its been paid off for a long time. Kids college is right around the corner so no new boat for me. "Lund has lifetime warranty on the boat if you buy new." This is not true. My buddy is also fighting the rotten transom issue. He is an original owner, I am not. Lund will give you a prorated warranty on wood that is in the boat. They passed to blame on me, dealer install of transducers, etc, and offering no assistance to me or my friend. Search Lunds rotten transoms and you will see that there are many people with the issue. I stopped researching it after the 2007 models, which is where they may have made some changes, including using marine grade wood in their transoms. Im not a Lund hater, because I do love my boat. Im just very disappointed in their customer service and the way I was treated when I had an issue.
9/19/15 @ 6:37 AM
Todd Young
User since 6/25/15
Both companies make good products. I have owned one of each. Hard to find dealers in my area that have any clue as to what is really going on with the boats they sell. Toss up between the companies in my opinion.
9/18/15 @ 9:26 AM
scmuskies
scmuskies
User since 10/14/03
Brian hasn't heard one because he's paid not to.
9/16/15 @ 10:59 AM
hook, line&sinker
User since 4/18/07
I bought a 2013 alumacraft classic CS. Initially, the customer service was very good. When I told them the sealant was breaking away from the boat I never got an answer. Probably true for most manufacturers. Customer service is important. Which manufacturer has the best customer service?
9/15/15 @ 6:53 PM
thinblueline
User since 1/25/10
If you haven't heard a horror story about a Lund, then you simply aren't listening. Every big boat manufacturer will have some horror stories. Go to walleyecentral.com and do a search of Lund transoms rotting and you'll find all the horror stories you want.
9/15/15 @ 10:12 AM
Tuffy2
User since 7/7/04
I have heard horror stories about Lund too. If you buy a Lund, Alumacraft, or Crestliner you are bound to hear some horror story from someone. All three companies sell a lot of boats. All three brands are very equal in quality, factory backing by standing by their warranties. The dealer is a more important part of the equation. I bought a Lund from a dealer who should not have been in business and isn't today due to his service. I bought an Alumacraft from a dealer who shouldn't be in business, but somehow he still is. Dealer, Dealer, Dealer!
9/14/15 @ 10:34 PM
Brian Hammarsten
Brian Hammarsten
User since 4/5/10
Lund has lifetime warranty on the boat if you buy new. Have had a couple people I know get their floors replaced after 20 years of use for no charge. They dropped it off at the factory in the fall and picked it up in the spring. I have never heard of someone who had a horror story from a Lund. Alumacraft on the other hand I have heard a few. My friends dad boat "rattled loose" after a few years. Went back and forth with Alumacraft who said it was abuse and he is a 60+ year old guy who didnt beat on it. Finally it turned out they didnt rivet the hull in many of the places they were suppose to so it ended up being a manufacturing error.
9/11/15 @ 12:02 PM
musky1011
User since 7/4/05
I can drive slowely through two feet of water... Or Use trolling motor when fishing I have a 75hp Optimax The reason I bought an Alumacraft.. The hull had thicker aluminum and better options for the price I purchased it from Cabelas in richfield wisconsin. Best price around Remember to change water pump impeller yearly. Cheap insurance for expensive engines If you plan on selling the boat buy a Lund, if you are going to keep it forever buy an Alumacraft Just my opinions, everyone has one Lips Sealed
Lund compaired to alumacraft photo by musky1011
9/11/15 @ 10:04 AM
DJurgens
User since 5/21/11
General question for either Lund or Alumacraft deep V boats. How shallow of water can one comfortably drive though slowly? ie. Shallow water near the launch site of 2.5 feet?
8/16/15 @ 11:18 PM
thinblueline
User since 1/25/10
Between Lund and Alumacraft, I think one is as good as the other, and as bad as the other. I have bought two brand new boats in my life, one Lund and one Alumacraft. I haven't had a problem with either. It doesn't take much internet searching to find many bad transom reports on both brands. For the matter, it doesn't take much searching to find a lot of satisfied customers for both brands. I say buy whatever layout you like best, but make sure you put a Yamaha, Honda, or Suzuki outboard on it.
8/16/15 @ 6:28 PM
smokercraft427
User since 4/16/06
Lund /Ranger resale is higher because you pay more for them to begin with.
8/9/15 @ 5:13 PM
D Big Tuna
D Big Tuna
User since 10/10/09
Lund, better resale value .I want to know I can get my money out if I need too. Yes they all loose value but , Lund/ Ranger/Triton seem to do better than others. As far as a merc, I have a o6 and its flawless (225 pro xs).
Displaying 1 to 15 of 53 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE