When you bought your new boat did they..................

4/11/15 @ 7:49 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Owtdorsmn
Owtdorsmn
USER since 2/12/02
So my question is ............When you bought your new boat and picked it up was it washed and vacummed and looking good? Or did the dealer just take the shrinkwrap off off, rig it and deliver it. I love my new boat but I expected to pick up a detailed Brand New Rig. Instead it looked ..........well, dirty . Maybe a quick smeary wipe down.........tape residue left on.....dirty carpet ie..... some dirty foot prints, sawdust and build crap, dirty (supplied) bait bucket in livewell. Sure, I can clean it all up ...............but I expected it to be be clean when I picked it up. Am I expecting to much? Wondering
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 32 Posts
6/19/15 @ 7:03 PM
Owtdorsmn
Owtdorsmn
USER since 2/12/02
Never heard from the dealer after my email. Did the official survey and gave them the crap marks they deserved...........but never heard from the dealer or the factory. Still love my boat.

Post Your Comment
6/15/15 @ 1:36 PM
Ed Franko
Big Ed's Guide Service
USER since 5/6/15
I think that I would of blew a head gasket.. No way is that right. I would report the dealer to the manufacturer. If they don't care enough to do the job right I would for sure consider a new brand of boat and never use that dealership again.

Big Ed’s Guide Service
(573) 692-6710
Post Your Comment
6/15/15 @ 8:21 AM
Tim Zwieg
Zwiegs
USER since 1/10/12
A good dealer will detail teh boat before it leaves thir shop. If your's didn't, that stinks, nothign you can do abotu it except tell others, and not biy your next boat there. Their loss.

Post Your Comment
5/6/15 @ 7:07 PM
Owtdorsmn
Owtdorsmn
USER since 2/12/02
nihsif...........It all good. Whats done is done and over. Loving my boat. Love that 115 4 stroke Merc. Quite and moves out like a 2 stroke. Was slayin the Whitebass and walleyes trolling flys....now my only concern is my sore arm. LOL Wink

Post Your Comment
5/5/15 @ 10:00 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
peace, and hope you do get some satisfaction

Post Your Comment
5/5/15 @ 4:18 PM
Owtdorsmn
Owtdorsmn
USER since 2/12/02
LOL...nihsif....no need to clear it up. its all good. I knew where you were going with it. It was the owner and his son that I dealt with, so one would think that I would have been getting thier best.........Or maybe that was their best...LOL I wouldn't know though....they never got back to me.

Post Your Comment
5/5/15 @ 12:10 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
I went thru several drafts of that post because... I didn't want you to think I was poking at you...

I apologize if you got that impression, was not my goal/message.

Was just trying to say that it may be more the salesman or the service person, ...than the whole entire dealership.

I'm sure you and any others that thought I was trying to put the onus was on you... would have had a different impression if we were talking in person... my ability to get points across with a written dialog sometimes leaves me wondering if I made my point...

I was not laying the blame on you, but as you even admitted, there is SOME shared responsibility...

that being said, a GOOD salesman and/or service manager SHOULD be taking care of you when they deliver the goods you purchased. That IS their responsibility.

man...not sure that clears it up...hoping so

Post Your Comment
5/4/15 @ 9:54 PM
Owtdorsmn
Owtdorsmn
USER since 2/12/02
I don't know how this would be on me......I was told they were cleaning it after the cover was made. Made arrangement to pick up the boat several days later so they had time. Told the owner at that time that I would like a good walk around when I picked it up, as I had never owned a Smokercraft before. (Never got the walk around as he had it all closed up and seemed rushed.) Not asking for the walk around IS on me. I should have pushed him.

Someone wondered how they stay in business.......... guess they stay in business because guys like me saw nothing but the low price. All I can think is.....wow if they would have just cleaned it and gave me a good walkaround I would be life time customer talking them up to everyone I know. Guess I may be asking for too much.

Post Your Comment
5/4/15 @ 6:02 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
I think a lot on each individual' experience depends on the buyer and salesman's ability to communicate as much as the actual dealership.

if you have problems, it's on the buyer to let them know you have issues and work with them to solve.

I bought 1 boat from MM in Hales Corners... at the time, MM was being shredded on Lake-Link.. I had a perfect experience with them, but I also had a great salesman and at the time MM had top notch service department... ( I'm sure it is yet today...that's key to a marine dealership )

when I was looking for my next boat, MM didn't carry what I wanted, so I went to Cedar Lake sales, which got glowing reports... my experience with the salesman was such that I went somewhere else and ended up buying at Woodland Pier... they have since closed their doors, but it was a fantastic buying experience for me, and their service was stellar

My last boat came from Richfield Cabela's... Salesman ( Charles ) was top notch and made sure all things went smoothly, and Earl in service was perfect, and listened to what I wanted and if it could be done, was done to my perfection.

guess, imo, part of how the experience turn's out, is the dealership's people, and part is the buyer's

Post Your Comment
5/3/15 @ 5:21 AM
Troy Stoeger
tstoeger
USER since 4/2/02
Yeah, I'd be looking for a new dealer for the future as well. Seems odd that so many bad stories about this one boat dealer going all the way back to the 70s and they are still in business. Pretty much everything in the outdoor industry relies on repeat customers. Its such a niche business that one time sales don't work if you want to stay in business long.

Good luck finding a dealer that does everything right to service your new boat!

Troy Stoeger Guide Service
(920) 277-5578
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 32 Posts