What's my boat worth?

7/11/14 @ 11:33 AM
ORIGINAL POST
the_dude
the_dude
USER since 1/10/03
I'm considering selling my boat. I checked Nada Guides, and the value it shows does not seem right compared to the market. It is also tough to get value on the accessories added. I would appreciate opinions on what you think I can reasonably expect for this boat should I sell it. Details: 1995 Lund 1600 Angler DLX - this is a side counsel, 16' with 74" beam. 3 Lund seats and 1 but seat. 1995 Johnson 70 HP 1995 Shorelander trailer Condition: The boat is in good condition. Everything works but the horn. Batteries are 2-3 years old. Livewell pump is newer (maybe 4-5 years). Bilge pump is 1 year old. Minimal dock rash. Overall, a nice looking boat considering it is pushing 20 years old. The motor is in excellent condition. Under the cover it still looks new. It starts and runs flawlessly and the compression is within 1 psi of 128 in all three cylinders last time I checked (last summer). T/T work perfectly. The trailer is good, bearing buddies, no rust, good tires. Other items: About 6 years ago I installed a brand new Minn Kota 55 PowerDrive V2 with universal sonar. At the same time I installed a new Eagle fish finder with GPS and lakemaster chip. And finally, it has a custom Lohaus cover. If you aren't familiar with Lohaus covers, they are essentially the best cover money can buy. It is a custom fit canvas cover that fits over the trolling motor, big motor, etc. It fits like a glove and looks awesome. Thanks guys...
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 Posts
7/13/14 @ 10:20 AM
Tuffy2
Tuffy2
USER since 7/7/04
You can search around on the web to find similar boats for sale. A boat will sell for what a buyer will pay. If your in the ballpark, boats will usually sell fast. Try looking on Craig's List, Boattrader.com. I'm sure you have some idea of what you think it is worth, so just clarify your thoughts and then list it in the classified on a web site like this one.

You can even Google your boat to look at similar boats that are for sale.

Post Your Comment
7/12/14 @ 1:19 PM
POPPER
POPPER
USER since 6/20/01
How bout mine.......'89 17' bass tracker 50hp merc, power t/t........Boat leaks like a sieve

Post Your Comment
7/12/14 @ 8:12 AM
JethroBodine
JethroBodine
USER since 12/21/01
I'd say around $6000..

You can't really use NADA value on used boats, but anyone who borrows money to buy your boat with the boat as collateral will have to. (that's what banks use)

Post Your Comment
7/11/14 @ 1:54 PM
the_dude
the_dude
USER since 1/10/03
Sure. I'm out of town all weekend but I'll try to put some pics up Sunday when I get home.

Post Your Comment
7/11/14 @ 12:08 PM
RiverGuy
RiverGuy
USER since 6/20/03
How about some pics?

Post Your Comment