SEARCH
MORE
Boats & Motors

Trying to find serious water leak

9/16/17 @ 4:30 PM
INITIAL POST
lad 8
User since 5/4/08

After fishing for about 5 hours found a lot of water below deck in my 17 ft Searay, filled the back of boat with water. Checked for leaks on outside nothing, any ideas. Jus happened all of a sudden, last 2 times out. All areas for transducer, caulked. Live well was not in use. Help, I am baffled.

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
9/19/17 @ 8:33 PM
lad 8
User since 5/4/08

Found it leak was in the inlet for the live well, crack in fiberglass,let water in boat

9/17/17 @ 8:27 AM
lad 8
User since 5/4/08

It is an outboard

9/17/17 @ 6:35 AM
Regjoe
User since 2/7/06

As crazy as it sounds check your drain plug.  I had a friend a few years ago who put his drain plug in the wrong hole and it stayed in there.  Boat filled up and after it drained we laughed a long time.  I still bust his chops on that one.  Other one to check if your boat is aluminum check under the "fins" my friend - same guy - had a screw from his bunk go through the fin and we took the boat out 2 times until we could find that leak.  Also check fitting on the livewell hose those can come loose.

9/16/17 @ 7:26 PM
boattech
User since 12/22/04

Is this an I/O.  If it is it is most likely your driveshaft or shift bellows. 

9/16/17 @ 7:24 PM
karl58
User since 7/27/13

inboard or outboard ?

9/16/17 @ 5:32 PM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

Could be a fitting on the livewell hose or bilge. Next water visit plug the hose inlets below the waterline to see if the leak goes away.

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE