Trolling motor problem

4/2/15 @ 7:36 PM
ORIGINAL POST
mwgazoo
mwgazoo
USER since 1/8/02
My minn kota maxxum 76# 24v trolling motor worked fine the last time i used it before putting the e boat away for the winter. Well i olug everything back in and seems like the motor is only pulling half power. Batteries are leas than a year old and are olding 13+ volts when fully charged. I have everything hooked up correctly as i cable tie all wires together after disconnecting from the battery so i know which ones go where, when i put everything back together in the spring. Any suggestions???
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 Posts
4/9/15 @ 10:32 AM
Capt. Patrick Conger
Capt. Patrick Conger
USER since 3/21/13
I had a similar problem with my 80lb fortex. Would run but at half power. It ended up being a bad breaker on one of the batteries. $20 fix and good as new.

(262) 894-4260
Post Your Comment
4/3/15 @ 9:33 AM
mwgazoo
mwgazoo
USER since 1/8/02
It was stored in the same huge pole shed that ive stored it in for the last few years. Guess ill have to send it back and see what up with it. What did Minn Kota charge you to fix it??

Post Your Comment
4/3/15 @ 7:44 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01
Did you store your motor in a warm place or was it on your boat in an unheated storage unit? I take mine off every fall and store it in my basement. I was told that extreme cold can damage trolling motors.

Post Your Comment
4/2/15 @ 10:58 PM
wet-net
wet-net
USER since 1/8/03
This happened to me a few years ago with a Maxxum . I ended up shipping my motor back to Minn Kota. At Minn kota they put on new bushes and cleaned the motor . I used Spee Dee Delivery. The cost to send the motor back was around $20,00, UPS wanted three time that. I set it in on a Thursday and had it back in a week. Minn kota called me on Monday told me what was wrong with the motor I gave them a cc number and that was it.

Edited on 4/2/15 10:58 PM
Post Your Comment
4/2/15 @ 8:23 PM
mwgazoo
mwgazoo
USER since 1/8/02
Nope its wired negative to positive.

Post Your Comment
4/2/15 @ 8:21 PM
rivrbanks
rivrbanks
USER since 2/2/15
Sounds like you have your batteries hooked up in parallel instead of series. That would only give you 12 volts.

Post Your Comment