Trailer Tail lite issue

6/3/15 @ 5:44 PM
ORIGINAL POST
taclbx1
taclbx1
USER since 6/16/10
I have Brake, turn signal and flashers, but no tail lights. Any idea where to start to track down the problem? Triton/Trailmaster trailer
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 11 Posts
6/8/15 @ 9:11 PM
taclbx1
taclbx1
USER since 6/16/10
Solved the issue. Turned out to be the fuse under the hood for the tail lights. Everything else checked out . Need to replace the bad market lite which might be causing the fuse issue.

Thanks to all for your comments

Post Your Comment
6/6/15 @ 9:09 AM
woodturner
woodturner
USER since 2/12/04
Had the same issue, drove me nuts, turned out to the flat connector on the trailer.

Post Your Comment
6/5/15 @ 1:46 AM
jchunter76
jchunter76
USER since 12/12/10
I agree with those who say check your fuses. My Chevy Tahoe has two or three fuses for the trailer lights. Back in the spring I had a problem with some of my trailer lights not working. It turned out to be just a fuse. Easy enough to eliminate that before digging deeper.

Post Your Comment
6/4/15 @ 3:31 PM
fltlndr
fltlndr
USER since 12/25/02
On one of the trucks I had there was separate fuses in the converter for the trailer lights. This was in a Toyota but is it possible you have one too. The trailer wireing was an add on.

Edited on 6/4/15 3:34 PM
Post Your Comment
6/4/15 @ 3:23 PM
taclbx1
taclbx1
USER since 6/16/10
Thanks for all of your replies. I resolved a turn signal issue previously by putting in a heavier duty signal fuse in the Suburban. This tail light issue has me baffled. LED lights worh for brakes/turn signals, but no tail lights. Also lost the marker lights on sides. Wondering if it could be that one of those shorted out the rest. Any ideas?

Post Your Comment
6/4/15 @ 10:42 AM
Cold Front
Cold Front
USER since 7/9/01
I just got mine resolved. Same deal. Turn signal, brakes and that was it. I replaced the LED unit and it works. I screwed around with the grounds and checked the vehicle etc etc. The light just failed. It was probably the wiring inside the unit because all the little LED bulbs, or what ever they are called, were good. Trailer Lights..... still......suck. Mrt.

Post Your Comment
6/4/15 @ 10:38 AM
Ed Franko
Big Ed's Guide Service
USER since 5/6/15
Check your grounds..and clean all of your connections.

Big Ed’s Guide Service
(573) 692-6710
Post Your Comment
6/4/15 @ 10:27 AM
paddler1
paddler1
MEMBER since 12/10/14
Most likely the module between your vehicle's tail lights and the receptacle wiring. I experienced the same thing recently.

Post Your Comment
6/4/15 @ 10:21 AM
hockeyguy39
hockeyguy39
USER since 8/24/07
I'm currently dealing with the exact same issue. Had to rewire the trailer as it was, but after that was done, only have brakes and turn signals/flashers. Hooked up to my neighbor's truck everything works, so the issue is with the wiring/outlet on my 2002 Explorer. Need to replace that. Thankfully it doesn't look like too big a project...aside from finding the right replacement, which hasn't been easy so far.

Post Your Comment
6/3/15 @ 8:37 PM
wet-net
wet-net
USER since 1/8/03
Do you have a tester? If not go to the auto parts store and get one . I tester will be under $10.00 Then with the tester check out the plug on the truck and make your way back to the trailer light

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 11 Posts