Talon delivery

3/23/14 @ 7:43 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Tomr
Tomr
MEMBER since 8/24/01
Why is it taking so long for the delivery of Talons to dealers? I want to buy a 12' black/ black and the dealers I have talked to are having a real hard time getting them here in Wisconsin. I would like to gave it installed on a Ranger. Thanks, Tom
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 Posts
5/25/14 @ 10:58 AM
Tomr
Tomr
MEMBER since 8/24/01
Thanks Bass I am a member of BBC and have had discussions with Jones. At that time they did not have what I was looking for, and we discussed the issues that MK was having with the units. The people I talked to there were very nice, and from the comments I have read on the forums they are great to do business with. As for my Talon, I was able to get one through Reeds Sporting Goods in Walker Mn. They were very good to work with, had one in stock and shipped it fast. I had also purchased my last Humminbird from them. I know that my local dealer is still waiting on the majority of his ordered Talons Thanks for your input on this matter. Tom

Post Your Comment
5/25/14 @ 9:59 AM
bassaddic
bassaddic
USER since 8/20/07
try Jones trolling motors, hes got some in stock and a great guy to deal with. join the Bass Boat Central forums and check out the reviews for his place. He also has a list of whats available all the time. There was a issue with the paint that needed to be fixed, that was the rumor anyway as to why there was such a wait.

Post Your Comment
4/22/14 @ 7:08 PM
Tomr
Tomr
MEMBER since 8/24/01
That is great news for you. I am still waiting, going on 8 weeks now. I was in Minnesota last weekend and the same problem existed there also. None in shock anywhere but all were willing to place an order, although delivery was questionable.

Post Your Comment
4/21/14 @ 3:22 PM
candofish
candofish
USER since 4/2/13
My 12 ft Talon that was ordered 4 weeks ago came last Friday. The adapter plate to mount it to my jackplate has not come in yet, I took just under 4 weeks to get my Talon

Post Your Comment
4/21/14 @ 1:36 PM
duckman83
duckman83
USER since 9/22/03
doesn't cabelas have them available in Richfield

Post Your Comment
4/8/14 @ 7:03 PM
Tomr
Tomr
MEMBER since 8/24/01
Talked to my dealer today. Mine have been ordered since early March. He has others since February. His 3 suppliers told him that Minn Kota cannot keep up and hope to have some in the supply loop in mid April, but no guarantees. One of his suppliers has 70 on order, some since January. What are the chances mine might be here soon? Does anyone know of any available? Looking for a 12 black. Central Wis. Area Thanks, tr

Post Your Comment
3/27/14 @ 8:00 AM
smbrickner
smbrickner
USER since 4/16/09
My Red 12 footer is supposed to be here early April according to the dealer. I ordered it in February.

Post Your Comment
3/23/14 @ 9:56 PM
candofish
candofish
USER since 4/2/13
I ordered a 12 fi silver and black talon from a local shop and was told it would take 4 to 5 weeks to get. Minn Kota apparently cant keep up with the demand. The way spring is going it will be here in plenty of time, I will install it on a Ranger 620. It will mount on my Atlas jack plate. I have been watching youtube videos and it looks fairly simple to do

Post Your Comment