Sylvan Excursion Bow Mount Wiring Question

3/31/15 @ 4:22 PM
ORIGINAL POST
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01
This is related to my 12v wiring question from yesterday. This may be sort of a long shot but I’m hoping someone has a similar wiring set up in their boat. I recently bought a 2002 Sylvan Excursion 1600 with a 12v Power Drive iPilot bow mount motor. There is a forward battery compartment between the consoles for the trolling motor. I was hoping to fit a second battery and box under the passenger console in a compartment where I have been storing spare PFD’s. I did some digging around under there last evening and found a second set of battery cables that are identical to the cables and connectors for the main and other trolling motor cables so I assume they are not after-market. In taking a closer look at the electrical panel at the bow, the charge meter has a selector switch for “Battery 1” and Battery 2”. Does anyone know if the wiring is set up to run the two batteries in parallel? This would be my assumption since it’s a 12 volt system and there is no selector switch for the two batteries (the switch that I previously mentioned is only to check the charge of each battery). I have pictures if that would help. The manual that I got with the boat has nothing about this and I can't find anything on-line.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 2 of 2 Posts
4/14/15 @ 9:41 PM
poptop
poptop
USER since 10/1/03
Its in the plug just open it up connect the wires from the new trolling motor to the 24 volt connections on the marinco plug. The body of the plug should be red.

Post Your Comment