Sticker for boat Trailers in Minnesota

12/10/14 @ 9:06 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Rob92761
Rob92761
USER since 1/16/07
the MN Dnr will start enforcing in July kind of interesting how that will turn out http://trailers.mndnr.gov/
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 11 Posts
2/14/15 @ 5:26 PM
hogridnfool
hogridnfool
USER since 2/9/05
http://news.dnr.state.mn.us/2015/01/28/dnr-postpones-ais-training-and-trailer-decal-program/

Post Your Comment
2/12/15 @ 7:10 AM
barneythecop
barneythecop
MEMBER since 3/12/02
I subscribed to the Mn DNR site notices and last week received an email that they are reconsidering the Invasive Species regulations. They may have the online instruction but as of now they are postponing enforcement.

Post Your Comment
12/13/14 @ 10:22 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
Stickers will be available online Jan 2015. Must have on trailer by July. Price is yet to be determined. What a nice government program to help us fish safely.

Post Your Comment
12/13/14 @ 7:59 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
It is super ridiculous!!!!!!!!!! I looked it up also. In order to get the sticker, you have to complete training. It's called AIS Training. Didn't read the entire website for trailers, so don't know if you can do the training online or not. I would think they would have to have it set up that way? Even out -of -State trailers hauling any type of watercraft through there need to take the training to get the sticker to drive through the land of 10,000 lakes. AIS- Aquatic invasive species.

Edited on 12/13/14 8:10 AM
Post Your Comment
12/12/14 @ 8:18 PM
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
USER since 2/15/10
theres a simple fix just find a copy of the sticker on the internet and put it on you trailer if you passing through

Post Your Comment
12/12/14 @ 2:53 PM
hockeyguy39
hockeyguy39
USER since 8/24/07
This is ridiculous. Even people who are just passing through the state without launching anywhere need it? BS. I sense a lot of people saying screw it and not having anything to do with MN. Too much of a hassle.

Post Your Comment
12/11/14 @ 11:43 PM
radioman
radioman
MEMBER since 5/19/03
In my opinion, this is one of the MOST ridiculous laws that I've EVER heard of or seen! More proof of government or government agencies wanting to CONTROL everything!! Maybe all sportsmen/women should stop buying licenses and anything else to do with using the waterways. Maybe, just MAYBE, if the state doesn't reap the benefits of our hard earned dollars, they'd spend their time and taxpayers dollars working on issues that are a WHOLE lot MORE important!! Just my opinion, that's all. They need to QUIT wasting their time and taxpayers money discussing and coming up with such STUPID laws/policies!!!

Post Your Comment
12/11/14 @ 7:00 PM
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
USER since 7/14/07
I think it would be a good idea if they would out in some type of water hose at all boat launches. This way a person can wash down there boat and trailer.

Post Your Comment
12/11/14 @ 3:55 PM
Tommy Howell
NPAA105
USER since 7/11/11
The test will be available online beginning in January.

Tommy's Guide Service
(218) 403-1075
Post Your Comment
12/11/14 @ 6:20 AM
ol sarge
ol sarge
USER since 3/8/04
I fish the Mississippi near La Crosse. One of my put in spots is on the other side of the line in Minnesota (maybe 500 feet or so). I think that I will no longer use that launch as most of the launches on the Wisconsin side now charge a $5.00 a day launch fee. If this sticker is going to be costly, and it will be, I see alot of us who fish this area avoiding the Minnesota launches. All of these fees start to add up and you know that after a grace period, they will start handing out fines. This has nothing to do with invasive species control,and everything to do with generating a new revenue stream. It is starting to get a little ridiculous. I don't need a sticker and my checkbook to make sure that my trailer is clear of weeds before I leave the launch. Hammer the guys who cant or wont check but leave me out of it. I hope Wisconsin doesn't get any crazy ideas. Just my 2 cents worth.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 11 Posts