Splash Guards.. Wave Wackers or White Caps?

9/3/15 @ 8:21 PM
ORIGINAL POST
musky1011
musky1011
USER since 7/4/05
What are your experiences? I chose White Caps for my Alumacraft Classic 165
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 Posts
9/14/15 @ 9:38 PM
Brian Hammarsten
Hammar
USER since 4/5/10
They are both good.

Advantages if you have a wheel boat - if you want to back troll into rough water you can climb the waves better and keep the splash well a little less full.

I would get them on a boat if your fishing large bodies of water.

Roach's Guide Service
(763) 226-6656
Post Your Comment
9/4/15 @ 12:51 PM
Tuffy2
Tuffy2
USER since 7/7/04
I too have the Whitecaps on my Classic 165. I have been on Winnebago in some pretty good size waves and never had water come over the back. I was not back-trolling at the time but, I'm talking about trailing waves when forward-trolling.

Very good product!

Post Your Comment
9/4/15 @ 10:08 AM
Tim Zwieg
Zwiegs
USER since 1/10/12
Having purchased several pairs over the years, my preference is Wave Wackers. Reason being, the Whitecaps seemed to go straight up/out the back of the boat. The Wave Wackers have angles bent into the poly carbonate to which allow them to paerhaps bend down slightly and push the water down as well. However that could just be a figment of my imagination too.

They are a plus on any boat tille ror wheel boat

Edited on 9/4/15 10:09 AM
Post Your Comment
9/4/15 @ 8:18 AM
musky1011
musky1011
USER since 7/4/05
The back end sit low in the water. Keeps wave out of boat when sitting still.. I had a experience where the wave started filling the boat over the back.. Caught off guard with conditions. A piece of mind to put me at ease

Post Your Comment
9/4/15 @ 6:50 AM
sloshkosh
sloshkosh
USER since 3/30/04
You have caught my attention. And after one terrible experience on lake michigan this year I might be making a call. Big waves bad timing and those would ha e saved alot of water from getting in my splash and pulling me down for a couple seconds. I wasnt in a position to wait for drainage or pumping. Yes I shouldnt have been in those conditions but I got caught off guard.

Post Your Comment
9/4/15 @ 6:04 AM
Big_Shane
Big_Shane
USER since 3/26/15
What is the advantage of them with a wheel boat?

Post Your Comment