solar power battery charger for trolling motor

2/15/15 @ 1:22 PM
ORIGINAL POST
ornery squirrel
ornery squirrel
USER since 8/1/11
I was wondering if anyone has used a solar powered battery charging system for their trolling motor. I'm thinking of keeping my boat at a marina that doesn't have electricity
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
2/16/15 @ 11:51 AM
learningbass
learningbass
USER since 6/2/10
Ornery

Solar won't work, as already stated. I have used a portable generator to recharge on multiple occasions. You need to make sure it has sufficient wattage, and also need a spot where you can chain it to the pier or dock to prevent theft.

LB

Post Your Comment
2/16/15 @ 9:18 AM
Fishercreek
Fishercreek
USER since 10/2/05
What Scott F said x2. Unless you are willing to spend several hundred dollars to insure the batteries are charge next time, you would be better off pulling them out. Solar chargers are low amperage until you start investing in a larger expensive system.

Post Your Comment
2/16/15 @ 9:17 AM
Fishercreek
Fishercreek
USER since 10/2/05
What Scott F said x2. Unless you are willing to spend several hundred dollars to insure the batteries are charge next time, you would be better off pulling them out. Solar chargers are low amperage until you start investing in a larger expensive system.

Post Your Comment
2/15/15 @ 6:22 PM
Scott F
Scott F
USER since 6/12/10
Solar chargers put out so little power you are better off removing the batteries and taking them home with you after fishing and charge them up there.

Post Your Comment