Size Of Battery For Trolling Motor

1/13/16 @ 3:43 PM
ORIGINAL POST
fishinfool1
fishinfool1
USER since 3/14/10
I have an older Motorguide T47 power Plus Trolling Motor. Its in good shape and runs great. I need to buy a new battery an am wondering which battery is best suited for this Motor. I do not have the owners manual and I know there are a few battery choices out there. Thanks.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 Posts
1/15/16 @ 8:19 AM
Major Mark
Major Mark
MEMBER since 5/20/05
I also run two 31 series AGMs in my river jon boat w/24v Terrova TM. I can go 3-4 days without charging if I feel like leaving the rig in the water. For me, fishing the WI River the TM is on almost all day, either working shore lines or using the SpotLock mode & rarely do I see the battery level gauge drop down to below 50% capacity after 3-4 days. Go as big as you have room for in your rig. The 31 series are bigger, heavier & pricier, but the trade off is worth it vs having to call it a day because your battery is getting low on juice.

Post Your Comment
1/15/16 @ 7:51 AM
Grey Beard
Grey Beard
USER since 1/27/02
I'm not an expert but I was told by someone who knows a lot about batteries to get a size 31. That will extend your fishing on a windy day but quite a bit over either size 24 or 27. It will cost a bit more but if you do the type of fishing that requires boat control you hate to go home early because you ran out of juice especially if the fish are biting.

Grey Beard

I have a pair of 31s on my 16 foot aluminum boat and on Board charger. A bit of overkill but I rarely run out of juice.

Post Your Comment
1/13/16 @ 10:49 PM
Ulbian
Ulbian
USER since 9/24/03
Get whatever is the biggest 12v battery you can fit into your battery compartment. Obviously you need to stay with a 12v battery so don't try and stuff a goofy sized 18v battery used on certain farm machinery.

Post Your Comment