SEARCH
MORE
Boats & Motors

Replacing Small Spring in Mount for Minnkota Edge 55

11/14/17 @ 1:59 PM
INITIAL POST
Mr.Bass
User since 5/18/02

The motor is fine.  But within the mount unit, a small 1" spring broke off. After removing all nuts and bolts, I am left with an almost totally closed unit housing the pull-rope.  At a complete loss at how to get at actual spring replacement. In new units at Bass Pro and Cabellas, one end of the spring is in clear view, but not the other end within closed bar.  Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
9/8/21 @ 4:03 AM
Coopergetready
Coopergetready
User since 6/7/21

Hello,
I had an issue with my trolling motor, the spring wouldn't lock down. I just followed the guide "How To Take Apart A Minn Kota Trolling Motor" by Steve on Anchor.travel

minnkotamotors.com/sites/minnkotamotors_site/files/rt_engine_mount_55_manual_2384937.pdf

Minn Kota trolling motor specs - engineering hw do my homework online

11/23/17 @ 11:49 AM
Mr.Bass
User since 5/18/02

Most help has come from contacting Minnkota Service directly.  Spent almost 20 minutes on line with them, getting detailed advice.  The key is removal (by tapping) of a latch bar which should give access to placement of the spring.  Still working at it.

Local Minnkota dealers--in Waukesha and Union Grove--are gougers.  $75 to $95 per hour and they refuse to give a maximum for the work.  

11/14/17 @ 2:09 PM
Ulbian
User since 9/24/03

Three suggestions:  

1) Find the schematic for the motor at mikesreelrepair.com. There are a ton of them listed there and that might help you muddle your way through it on your own.  

2) Send a message to Chuck Brod at Sportsman's Repair in Mosinee. He knows his stuff with reels and trolling motors.  

3) See if you can get in contact with someone at Anchor Marine in Appleton. They are good with trolling motors as well.  

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE