Question about selling my boat/trailer

8/8/14 @ 8:36 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor
USER since 8/23/10
I cannot find my paperwork from when I bought the trailer used, and part of the VIN # on trailer frame is faded and unreadable. I bought it used at Ox-Bo Marine in Juneau. I'm going to call them and see if they have a record of the sale and the VIN #, but it's been at least 7 or 8 years. If they don't have the info, do you have any suggestions? Thanks.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 Posts
8/10/14 @ 9:20 AM
wishin4fishin
wishin4fishin
USER since 7/3/06
I bought a boat, motor and trailer a few years ago from a guy in IL and he had a title for the trailer. But like everyone has said here Wisconsin doesn't need or require anything from the trailer. On a side not there's only a title for boats over 16' too.

Post Your Comment
8/9/14 @ 9:00 AM
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor
USER since 8/23/10
Thanks guys. It's a 15' flat bottom jon boat, with a Karavan trailer. I called the dealer where I bought it used, and they only have the model #.

Edited on 8/9/14 11:06 AM
Post Your Comment
8/9/14 @ 7:14 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
I've sold a couple Boat/Trailer combo's. The trailer is just an add on to your sale. DMV doesn't even ask if you have a trailer. If it's a gigantic Lake Michigan boat then ur going to have to get a plate. Like said before, you don't have nothing to worry about.

Post Your Comment
8/9/14 @ 6:02 AM
fishs
fishs
USER since 2/17/04
Technically all trailer hauling over 3000#s are supposed to be registered/licensed in Wis. Wis is very lax on that law. What kind of boat are you selling? Not many boat/trailers in Wis. are licensed. I wouldn't worry about it. If the guy who buys your boat is worried he can go to the DMV and deal with it or you can go there and get an explanation to your question.

Edited on 8/9/14 6:04 AM
Post Your Comment
8/8/14 @ 11:16 PM
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor
USER since 8/23/10
I'm selling my boat and trailer. I know trailers aren't registered in WI, but what do I write on the Bill of Sale for the trailer? Just write the make of trailer and that's it? Can I legally sell it like that? Thanks.

Edited on 8/9/14 1:39 AM
Post Your Comment
8/8/14 @ 9:22 PM
luvh20
luvh20
USER since 1/19/14
What are you asking? Are you selling a boat & trailer or just a trailer?

Trailers aren't registered in Wisconsin if that's your question.

Post Your Comment