painting a boat?

1/5/16 @ 12:31 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Theory
Theory
USER since 3/21/05
I have a 19 ft. monark aluminum boat that I restored top to bottom and just don't have the time to paint it myself. im fine with paying to have it done professionally but kinda don't even know where to start. It does need a dent popped out of it but that's not a big deal. Has anyone done this or had it done and had a good experience with it? Ive been told wraps don't last more than a year or 2.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 Posts
1/8/16 @ 8:46 AM
redhook
redhook
USER since 12/25/09
Do they still electrostatic paint anymore? I have seen it done in Alaska to re-paint boats and any other metal object. It produces an extremely durable coat.

Post Your Comment
1/6/16 @ 7:26 AM
fishen_soon
fishen_soon
MEMBER since 6/24/14
I did my last boat myself. Did it in 2005 and sold it last year, it sold fast because it looked great. I did a base coat clear coat job with good quality auto paint. whole job cost me around $600. I used Aircraft stripper to remove the old paint, an etching primer, a sanding primer, then the base and a few clear coats. The hardest part of the job was the taping.

Ches.

Post Your Comment
1/6/16 @ 12:18 AM
buckatabon-10
buckatabon-10
USER since 4/1/10
Had a pro paint and clear coat my 16FT. LUND. LOOKS great after three years. This boat was 21 years old and full of dock dings with paint rubbed off in places. I buffed out the bottom with mothers aluminum polish,then sealed it. Boat looks like New. People thought I bought a new boat. Looks better then when I first got it New. $1200.00 to get back in shape and that's only because good friend is a painter.1/2 of that was materials.

Post Your Comment