OLD BOAT GAS-WHERE TO DISPOSE OF 25 GALLONS

1/24/16 @ 9:26 AM
ORIGINAL POST
ButtsD
ButtsD
USER since 12/20/12
Veteran fisherman... what are some of the best options to do with 25+ gallons of five year old boat gas in a boat I just purchased? I am sure some of your have run into this problem in past years. Thank you ever so much for any feedback. ButtsD
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 Posts
1/27/16 @ 7:55 PM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
Use it too start fires in ur fire pit until it's gone.

Post Your Comment
1/27/16 @ 4:33 PM
ice queen
ice queen
USER since 12/16/10
Depending on where you live city of Waukesha has there monthly toxic waste collection for free they do take anything!! I even took a bottle of liquid Mercury there I inherited!!

Post Your Comment
1/26/16 @ 11:50 AM
bigstorm
bigstorm
USER since 1/10/05
I have taken old gas to the city dump, they take it just as the take old oil

Post Your Comment
1/24/16 @ 9:17 PM
Major Mark
Major Mark
MEMBER since 5/20/05
any shop with a waste oil burner (shop heater) can take it. Before I retired we had one installed. It could burn somewhere about 6% gasoline without any problems (I forget the exact %). Ours has a 300 gallon holding tank. 25 gallons would be a welcome free "dump".

Post Your Comment
1/24/16 @ 1:12 PM
Owtdorsmn
Owtdorsmn
USER since 2/12/02
DO NOT USE IN ANY CAR WITH COMPUTER CHIP. I was told it messes with the computer. Just what I heard..... but enough for me not to dump my old gas in my truck.

Post Your Comment
1/24/16 @ 11:44 AM
kyl_me
kyl_me
USER since 7/21/08
Use it a gallon or three at a time in your car.

Post Your Comment
1/24/16 @ 10:41 AM
B Fish
B Fish
USER since 6/26/10
I had a very similar situation last year. My neighbor had a very large quantity of Very old gas that was mixed at a 50:1 oil ratio in multiple cans. He said you can have the cans if you take the gas so I did. I consumed all the gas in my lawn mower. Yes the mower smoked a bit more and I also diluted the gas with some fresh stuff but it worked.

I hope this helps. Smile

PM me if you want me to take it.

Post Your Comment
1/24/16 @ 10:39 AM
frenchbrit
frenchbrit
MEMBER since 7/24/01
I just called my auto repair shop and he was happy to take it. I'm not sure what he did with it though.

Post Your Comment