New WIS boat registration-DNR

5/4/16 @ 8:33 AM
ORIGINAL POST
speed worm
speed worm
USER since 10/4/12

Has anybody recieved their new boat registration this spring?

Bought a new boat, filled out the application, mailed it in on Feb 15th, check cashed on FEB 20th and havn't recieved my numbers yet.

I understand there is the "computer system changeover", but this is pretty nuts. 

WDNR has dropped the ball on this changeover and the wait is unacceptable.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 53 Posts
6/8/17 @ 4:58 PM
reeldrag83
reeldrag83
USER since 12/20/12

I took a pic of computer screen with my phone and a screen shot of bank statement. Just to cover my back side. Funny thing thou my dad did his online got everything in mail in 5 days im still waiting that was 3 weeks ago. On memorial day fish cops stopped wife and me. Checked our slot walleyes and asked for ID clicked away on his phone 2 min later he said all good. We made small talk nice guy.  I had the throwable out but everything else was stowed because of crazy high winds blowing stuff out of the boat.  He could have cared less was feeling i got. But was very proffesional but personable. I asked him for his number in case i needed it he gave me his office cell and home number. 

Post Your Comment
6/7/17 @ 8:08 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

dnr.wi.gov/permits/registrationandtitling.html

"Attention customers

Customers may operate while carrying their temporary operating receipt. Customers who submit registration applications and payment at a DNR Service Center, online or at a sales agent will receive a temporary operating receipt that allows for immediate operation."

edit: I'm sure the printed page would work too as stated

Edited on 6/7/17 8:12 PM
Post Your Comment
6/7/17 @ 5:21 PM
12packabs
12packabs
USER since 12/19/06

I have never had this issue, so i don't have wisdom to add...but if you print off your proof of purchase (print screen maybe?), doesn't the DNR or Sheriff, if they check, accept the printed documents until the stickers come?  It would seem you could operate with the paperwork in your possession....but like I said, I could be entirely wrong here...

Sort of like a temp plate on your car (but kept in your wallet)...?

With my luck, this suggestion was refuted 1 or 2 pages back that I was too lazy to page back to....sorry if that's the case.

Post Your Comment
6/7/17 @ 3:26 PM
NAV165
NAV165
USER since 5/23/05

Took delivery of my new boat on April 21st and received my stickers on May 30th.  I noticed my numbers were assigned in my GoWild account on May 23rd, not sure how long they were there, I just happened to check that day.  I ordered my numbers from 3DLETTERING and received them in a week.  They look sharp.  

Post Your Comment
6/7/17 @ 2:59 PM
shorepatrol
shorepatrol
MEMBER since 10/12/03

Same problem here.  Bought boat April 1, no registration yet.  I logged into my GoWild.WI.gov account and have been able to determine that numbers and letters have been issued.  I can see the registration numbers and letters so I posted them on my hull.  Waiting on reg stickers now.  If Im questioned by DNR I intend to smile and tell them, I have fulfilled my requirement and and am waiting on them to fulfill their's.  Tight lines.

Chris

Edited on 6/7/17 3:00 PM
Post Your Comment
4/8/17 @ 8:24 PM
grahamky
grahamky
USER since 4/9/13
Bought a new boat from a dealership almost a month ago, and just got them on Thursday. Busy time of year for them. Off season might be 2 weeks, prime time takes longer since they're getting hit up. 

Post Your Comment
4/7/17 @ 3:52 PM
LUV2HNT
LUV2HNT
USER since 11/3/03
  • Update! I still have not received my new registration and stickers. Called Go Wild 10 days after last post to find my order still Pending. Very nice person assured me I'd have my stickers in 10 days. Check 1 day later and my order says complete after she emails me a confirmation that IT dept has corrected the problem. Today is day 10 so I call again and trying to be polite person tells me it could take 21 days... not happy here. Told her I was going to laminate a sign with an arrow pointing at expired stickers that says "Blame Go Wild I have a receipt". Unreal...frustrated.

Edited on 4/7/17 3:53 PM
Post Your Comment
3/26/17 @ 1:01 PM
Master_Piker
Master_Piker
USER since 12/7/05

Same as any other boat. Might be easier to stencil the registration numbers on the side with marker or paint though.

Post Your Comment
3/26/17 @ 12:54 PM
JS-Fish
JS-Fish
MEMBER since 6/19/16

How do I register an powered inflatable boat?

Post Your Comment
3/19/17 @ 10:11 AM
LUV2HNT
LUV2HNT
USER since 11/3/03

Update, I couldn't wait till tomorrow. I just called customer service and glad I did. Apparently they were doing a software update to the Go Wild system when I did my purchase on 3/19. They have cleared the Pending and my registration & stickers are being processed tomorrow. They said to expect to see it with in 10 days. They also said the reason for the update was for this issue.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 53 Posts