New boat trailer

2/24/15 @ 8:23 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Walleye Warrior
Walleye Warrior
USER since 8/23/01
So, I have a Yacht Club roller trailer. I hate it. very difficult to get lined up on my 17ft fish and ski. I fish alone a lot and it is very frustrating when it comes out 3 inches off. So, Im looking to move to a bunk trailer. I don't use the trailer a ton as my boat is mainly on a lift. Does anyone have any suggestions on A) how I would do this in winter, measuring etc B)anyone have experience with Karavan trailers? my boat is 16 feet 10 inches. 850 lbs without my 90hp Merc and has an 86 inch beam. C) Will the trailer below fit? D) How much can I get for my roller trailer? NEW KARAVAN 2200# 70" x 17' BOAT TRAILER Thanks in advance.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
2/26/15 @ 11:02 AM
gamehunter
gamehunter
USER since 7/4/09
Musky, YOu will have to let me know what you find out. I have read about guys converting roller trailers into bunk trailers. The problem is how shotty does it look and work. For the money spent I might as well trade in on a new one.

Post Your Comment
2/26/15 @ 10:34 AM
TinmanTJR
TinmanTJR
USER since 2/17/04
I see this topic was posted in two different areas.

I responded to the one in the General Discussion.

Post Your Comment
2/26/15 @ 9:58 AM
muskymstr62
muskymstr62
USER since 3/10/02
Gamehunter I have the same exact problem,just a few posts down i posted a forum. With mine if I have someone to help me drive it on as long as they are guiding me I have fewer problems. I'm done with my trailer I need bunks. I have been looking at a Eagle trailer at Cabelas. The only problem is that they do not take trades in. I'm going to the sport show in 2 weeks to see what I can do about a new trailer.

Post Your Comment
2/26/15 @ 6:54 AM
gamehunter
gamehunter
USER since 7/4/09
I hope someone comments. I have the same problem with my Shorelandr. I hate it. I have to put the trailer in shallow and crank the boat up all the way to have a chance at getting it straight. Even then it always sits a bit to one side. I am thinking side guides might help, but I am also thinking of going to a bunk trailer so I can drive it up.

Post Your Comment