Need Livewell Operation Help- 2002 Fisher Pro Avenger SC

6/18/14 @ 12:57 PM
ORIGINAL POST
griffy1891
griffy1891
USER since 6/22/13
Hello, Any help is much appreciated! I've fished Southern WI all my life and finally been able to afford my first real fishing boat. I took it out for a test drive on the Madison chain Sunday and bought it. I spoke with the gentleman selling it and he indicated to me that the previous couple that wanted to buy it had the livewells turned on and filled. I'm pretty positive that he was giving me the straight story. I got it home to Rock Lake and tried firing them up and I couldn't get them to fill. I put the overflow tubes in and I can hear the pumps running, but can not get water in on auto or manual. Also, what are the three drain plugs on the rear of the boat for. Obviously, one is for the hull, but what about the other 2? Thanks Again.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
6/18/14 @ 10:22 PM
Rifleman1962
Rifleman1962
USER since 4/16/11
Use A garden hose in the rear of your boat and stick in your fill valves and run your pumps. Or put boat in water and back up with pumps on to prime it the pumps. Done that on many boats. The 2 other plug are most most likely for your drain for your livewell and baitwell !!!!

Post Your Comment
6/18/14 @ 5:15 PM
griffy1891
griffy1891
USER since 6/22/13
Any info on the 2 other drain plugs?

Post Your Comment
6/18/14 @ 2:06 PM
fltlndr
fltlndr
USER since 12/25/02
Try what kingfish said. It's very possible it's air bound.

Post Your Comment
6/18/14 @ 1:50 PM
kingfish
kingfish
USER since 6/15/01
try backing up with switch on. I have to do that with my lund to prime the sys. Never had to on my other boats. Could be due to aeration system.

Post Your Comment