Motors on Kilby Lake, Montello

4/24/15 @ 8:52 AM
ORIGINAL POST
bassbuzz
bassbuzz
USER since 5/2/14
I'm a new full time resident in the Montello area. I am retired and live for fishing. Bass and panfish. I'm trying to find decent fishing around the Montello area but so far nobody wants to offer any helpful info. I live right on Buffalo Lake but I've been told that the fishing is no good because the lake was drained last year. I've been told that Kilby Lake has pretty decent fishing but was told that no motors are allowed on that lake. Can someone give me the real scoop on whether that is true or not? Also any tips on good places for me to fish would be appreciated. I have been trying to research some of the lakes but am finding many in the area don't have boat launches.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 Posts
4/25/15 @ 11:03 PM
wet-net
wet-net
USER since 1/8/03
Lake Mason

Post Your Comment
4/25/15 @ 12:02 PM
JigDipper
JigDipper
USER since 12/19/14
Try the Fox off Hwy22

Post Your Comment
4/24/15 @ 7:19 PM
Walleye Wizard
Walleye  Wizard
USER since 6/23/01
Jordan in Adams county nice lake.

Post Your Comment
4/24/15 @ 7:02 PM
bassbuzz
bassbuzz
USER since 5/2/14
Thanks

Post Your Comment
4/24/15 @ 11:56 AM
Major Mark
Major Mark
MEMBER since 5/20/05
WDNR Site for Kilby Lake http://dnr.wi.gov/lakes/lakepages/LakeDetail.aspx?wbic=104200

says it's a 44acre lake, mean depth of 12ft, max depth 29ft. Many similar lakes of that size that I know of are usually no gas motor, but electrics are allowed. I can't find any WDNR site listing specifics for motor restrictions, probably because those are usually regulated by local municipalities. It does have 1 public boat launch, so either I'd start calling around to find out, or if it's close by you, drive by the launch, there should be a lake-specific regulations sign at the ramp.

Post Your Comment