Mercury Outboard Service

12/28/15 @ 9:29 PM
ORIGINAL POST
kantfish
kantfish
USER since 1/1/12
I have a 2005 Merc 90 ELPTO that will be needing tune-up and service first thing this spring, The boat was purchased late fall and started/ran rough when I winterized it. Who is your most recommended Mercury service dealer?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 13 Posts
10/4/16 @ 3:26 PM
jbird68
jbird68
MEMBER since 1/24/05

The closest Marina to me said it would be $108 to winterize my 2006 90 HP Mercury Optimax. But after reading the manual I found online I think I can do it myself. I've never had a motor this big before. 90 HP from a 25 HP. Thing is huge in comparison.    

Post Your Comment
10/4/16 @ 7:24 AM
LS2 second class xyooj
LS2 second class xyooj
USER since 3/10/16

I have 2005 Mercury 90 ELPTO on a 2006 Sylvan. Haven’t took it out for over a month and when I put the ear muff on in my driveway to make sure it runs and everything is normal before taking it out. Ran it the first time and it was fine. Then turned off the engine and turn back on, throttle forward then neutral, then reverse. But this time something is wrong with reverse. It seems like the gear is stuck on forward. The throttle is in the neutral position but the prop is still spinning forward. When I took off the engine and try to spin the prop by hand, it won't spin like when it's in neutral. Engine still starts in this position. It won’t engage in reverse. Does anyone know if this is a shifting cable issue or a motor issue? How much would it cost to get this fix? At lastly, what would be the average cost to winterize a motor this size. Thanks.

Post Your Comment
2/20/16 @ 2:57 AM
Blkhwkbob
Blkhwkbob
USER since 5/27/09
Nimmer. End of story.

Post Your Comment
1/23/16 @ 10:26 PM
seamonster40
seamonster40
USER since 1/23/16
Last year when I was looking at boats I emailed the boat doc 2 times and never got a response. Not sure if they were too busy to care or what but Wendts took care of me and sold me a lund. I would recommend them. They have been there a long time and have lots of experience and will take care of you. Also you cant go wrong with Feldner in St. Cloud good service for years and will value your business unlike boat doc.

Post Your Comment
1/3/16 @ 5:59 PM
Storm Chaser
Storm Chaser
USER since 7/14/07
I'll second the Boat Doc. Good service and you don't have to wait forever to get it back. I would advise to take it in early as he gets busy in spring

Post Your Comment
1/3/16 @ 3:13 PM
homewrecker
homewrecker
USER since 8/28/03
Mark at Felder has been great my mercury needs. I haven't hand any issues after service at Feldner.

Post Your Comment
1/3/16 @ 10:25 AM
wi bassman
wi bassman
USER since 1/17/15
The boat doc in Lomira is the only place I let touch my boat. Save yourself a lot of hassle and take it to Josh.

Post Your Comment
1/1/16 @ 9:47 PM
mattg589
mattg589
USER since 2/27/05
Josh at The Boat Doc in Lomira is the best. You won't be disappointed.

Post Your Comment
12/29/15 @ 7:47 PM
kantfish
kantfish
USER since 1/1/12
Anyone else have anything to say about Feldners? They are closest. Otherwise its off to Lomira, I hear alot of good things about them.

Post Your Comment
12/29/15 @ 3:39 PM
Tuffy2
Tuffy2
USER since 7/7/04
I would highly recommend the Boat Doc in Lomira. I also would recommend that you don't wait too far into spring, or you will be waiting on shore for a while.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 13 Posts