SEARCH
MORE
Boats & Motors

Lund Boat Seats

5/12/18 @ 9:17 AM
INITIAL POST
GRANDAD
User since 6/1/09

Have a Lund Explorer ,no complaints about the Boat,but the seats are falling apart!Checked with the dealer and was told that they are not covered!Warranty said all plywood,labor,and related parts lifetime warranty!They are not covered because Lund does not make them!Mine say Lund on them!Took one apart and no Marine plywood,No SS T nuts or staples,Lund Quality??? No response to phone call to factory rep.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 24 posts
6/17/18 @ 12:33 PM
GRANDAD
User since 6/1/09

You can get a replacement base like original at most marine stores! I think you have the slot rather than wedge type!The bottom is cast alum.so maybe it cracked or the insert( plastic) cracked!I rebuilt the seat,rotten seat plywood only problem in 11 years!

6/16/18 @ 5:45 AM
crappie Bob
User since 6/9/03

I have a 2006 Lund boat also.  Not too much trouble with the seats other than some normal wear for 12 seasons of use.  But one of my seats seems really wobbly compared to the other two.  Pulled the base post out of the floor to take a look, and appears to me that something is broke in the whole where base goes down into the floor.  Does anybody know if there is a way to fix this, or do I need to go to a whole different kind of base, like a big round base that bolts to floor like the one i have in back to drive my tiller with.  any help would be appreciated.

thanx cb

5/22/18 @ 9:56 AM
dsinwi
User since 1/24/02

No worries Tuf. Not trying to say anything to give anyone a pass. Just trying to help a fellow sportsman out. I own a Lund, on my second one actually, but that's where my affiliation with them ends. Well, to be fair, I'm friends with a Lund rep but bought both of my boats before I knew him.

Searching "Lund boat seat warranty" it appears Attwood is owned by Brunswick, which purchased Lund in 2004, I think, as Tuf pointed out. My search landed me here:

//http://www.attwoodmarine.com/userfiles/file/Attwood%20Warranty%202009.pdf

In the short time I looked I see no explicit mention of seats, perhaps I missed it. There is however some info about their warranty and most importantly contact info, which I would use if I were in Grandad's situation.

Grandad's seat may or may not be an Attwood product. It may not even be a Brunswick product. My point is, to my way of thinking, it may be beneficial to look further if at first you don't get the desired results.

This has been a good discussion gentlemen, thank you. I've learned a lot and found some solid info I may be able to use in the future.    

5/19/18 @ 8:05 PM
Tuffy2
User since 7/7/04

Looked at my Alumacraft warranty today. They don’t cover the seats either, you have to go after the seat manufacture. It seems that the marine business operates just like the auto industry did back in the 60’s.

The cars fell apart and they wiggled out of fixing anything. Then along came the Japanese imports, who changed everything. Quality and service improved, so they forced the US auto makers into better quality and service.

5/17/18 @ 6:59 PM
Tuffy2
User since 7/7/04

dsinwi....With your thinking, if the seats in my two year old Toyota go bad, I should find out what company made them and call them to replace them.

It seems like when Lund doesn’t cover something under their warranty, people will say anything to give them a pass. Lund is not the same company today as they were years ago. They are owned by Brunswick and are not the same company as they used to be. This man should be getting a replacement seat free of charge.

Lund picked the vendor for their seats, so they are responsible to take care of the problem.

5/17/18 @ 2:21 PM
HotPockeT
User since 3/18/11

I bought an explorer brand new in 2006 also.  My seats don't look like that. Mine came with the ones that self lock in the down position so you dont need that strap.  And they dont have any of the hardware exposed like that. Weird.  Guess it depends what dealer you go thru

5/17/18 @ 2:17 PM
GRANDAD
User since 6/1/09

Purchased New in 2006,Whole Rig Boat, Motor, and Trailer and Factory Lund Seats!

5/16/18 @ 4:54 PM
GRANDAD
User since 6/1/09

All my answers came from the Dealer,they did not know witch company Mfg them, Wise,Atwood,Tempres?Just another way to Warranty some thing ,then wiggle out of it!Dead ears from customer service!

5/16/18 @ 7:43 AM
dsinwi
User since 1/24/02

I checked out my seats last night. There is no visible plywood on the bottom, or anywhere else. The base is made of some kind of heavy composite material probably plastic of some sort. Good to know boat manufacturers cover seats for up to 13 years Shane. I was not aware of that. Thanks

Grandad,

I was merely suggesting that you check into any warrantee with the actual seat manufacturer that may be available. Seeing as Lund is not returning your call it may be your next best option. Your call. Good day sir.

5/15/18 @ 5:27 PM
GRANDAD
User since 6/1/09

Warranty said life time on ALL plywood,labor and related parts does not differentiate or exclude seats,in the pamphlet I got with the boat! My question was Seats come with the Boat,say LUND they are a Lund product! Can't even return calls ,but say Lund did not build them so to bad!

5/15/18 @ 1:51 PM
dsinwi
User since 1/24/02

That's a lot of damage, even for a seat that's 12 years old. I suspect that it has gotten wet on a number of occasions and not completely dried out. Are all the seats in the same condition? I have a Lund, 2004. Treated the same as yours as far as keeping it out of the weather. Seats are in great shape for their age. I'd be surprised if any manufacturer would warrantee seats that long. Don't know.

Edit: I was curious so I did some digging. Lund does not manufacture the seats, at least not the seats in my boat. Mine are made by Attwood Marine, the Centric SAS style. They are $200 new online. I suspect a bit more with the Lund logo on them although it appears you can get the same color scheme. Your seats are of a different style and perhaps even a different manufacturer. I don't think Lund is in the seat making business so to fault them probably isn't completely fair. Perhaps you can peruse a warrantee, if any, with the seat manufacturer.

5/15/18 @ 12:15 PM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

Factory seats are nice because they say boat brand name on them.  However they are very expensive too.

5/13/18 @ 8:32 PM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02

There is a new Lund boat seat for sale in the classified section under boats and motors. 

5/13/18 @ 1:10 PM
mattw
mattw
PRO MEMBER User since 5/6/16

Seats are always the catch 22 when it comes to warranties. The manufacturer always considers them wear and tear items and many don't cover them for that reason 

5/13/18 @ 9:50 AM
GRANDAD
User since 6/1/09

It is a 2006,always stored indoors,always garaged ! trailered covered! This is the style,The mfg.must have really skimped on thie production batch!! Boat did get rained on when in use,but boats get wet!

Displaying 1 to 15 of 24 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE