Looking for a new 14-16' aluminum boat

7/1/14 @ 9:26 AM
ORIGINAL POST
bloomer12
bloomer12
USER since 7/1/14
Hey all! First post here but anyways I was looking for some insight on what boat to buy. I am currently looking for a cheaper aluminum boat in the 14' to 16' range. I do not have any preference in regards to tiller or console just a boat I can take out and use around the local lakes here in the suburbs of the Twin Cities. I do a little of bass fishing as well as some walleye. My max budget is around $18k and I am currently looking at Lund, Crestliner, and Alumacraft. Any help would be great, thanks!
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 Posts
7/7/14 @ 7:56 AM
Warren65
Warren65
USER since 7/6/14
I am also looking for my first boat. I am currently interested in the Alumacraft Classic 165 with the side console. I seen one at Cabela's and it looked really nice.

Thanks

Post Your Comment
7/5/14 @ 4:14 PM
bass2403
bass2403
USER since 10/15/03
the escape has quite a bit of room, it might seem narrow ,but it isn't .

the alumacraft classic is wider with more storage compartments.

Both the escape and the classic are nice boats for the money.

I looked at the lund fury and the escape was a lot nicer for the same price.

Post Your Comment
7/2/14 @ 12:21 PM
Tuffy2
Tuffy2
MEMBER since 7/7/04
I have a Alumacraft Classic 165 tiller. My brother is the one who posted on here about his new Escape 165. I have fished out of his boat and it is really nice. Plenty of room, excellent hole shot, good speed and the quality is excellent. I have owned Lund in the past too, but I feel that the Alumacraft is a better boat for me.

Post Your Comment
7/2/14 @ 12:03 PM
bloomer12
bloomer12
USER since 7/1/14
"I just got an alumacraft Escape 165 tiller with a 40 e tec a while back. Excellent boat ,got it at a good price. Lots of storage, Nice size livewell and rod locker." When looking at the Escapes they seem a little narrow in the cockpit. Has that been noticeable to you? I say that because although the kodiaks do not have port or starboard rod storage, that extra space makes the cockpit area look very open

Post Your Comment
7/2/14 @ 10:56 AM
bass2403
bass2403
USER since 10/15/03
I just got an alumacraft Escape 165 tiller with a 40 e tec a while back.

Excellent boat ,got it at a good price. Lots of storage, Nice size livewell and rod locker.

Post Your Comment
7/1/14 @ 8:42 PM
wet-net
wet-net
USER since 1/8/03
Lund and Crestliner are made at the same plant in MN both companies are owed by Brunwick. http://www.brunswick.com/brands/marine-boats/index.php

Post Your Comment
7/1/14 @ 12:37 PM
bloomer12
bloomer12
USER since 7/1/14
I've been looking at the Kodiaks in particular for crestliner but the lund Fury and fury xl along with the alumacraft escape have appealed to me as well. I'm more familiar with crestliner but was wondering how the fury (xl) and escape compare?

Post Your Comment
7/1/14 @ 11:13 AM
FISHING BUM
FISHING BUM
USER since 4/29/10
Crestliner no doubt about it.best value

Post Your Comment