live well drain hose replacement

12/7/17 @ 1:54 PM
ORIGINAL POST
1up
1up
USER since 7/22/06

I have a crack in the live well fill/drain hose on front live well alumacraft 175.  Almost to point of running new line clamping it in etc. I was thinking of running it in Pex instead of the regular plastic hose  any thoughts pro/con on that?   

This a major pain as needed to remove gas tank part of front deck etc etc  want something tough in case of it freezing  during late season walleye musky after I pull boat. I must have not gotten it completely drained last winter and it cracked some where, causing bilge to run.    

Edited on 12/7/17 1:57 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 Posts
12/19/17 @ 5:16 PM
1up
1up
USER since 7/22/06

finished it today was easier just pulling center floor then gas tank  had to drill out some rivets  and re do them  like 50 plus but all done

Post Your Comment
12/19/17 @ 8:49 AM
Tonto-B
Tonto-B
USER since 9/7/05

We replaced one last summer was a pain but doable, Navigator 175.  Disconnected the hose and put a hole thru it to tie and duct tape a para-chord to it.  Pulled the hose out.  Punched a hole in the new reinforced poly hose.  Trimmed the ends to form a taper, tied and duct tapped.  Put some soap water on the hose.  Used a board with a nail on the end as a pry bar to inch the hose thru the hull.  We had to tie the rope on the end of the nail, inch it up, untie and retie, and keep inching it up.

Post Your Comment