Is this bass tournament boat worth it!?

7/3/14 @ 8:24 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Scott F
Scott F
USER since 6/12/10
A boat built in 1990 is not worth 20K, especially with a 1990 motor. At $6,500 it looks like a reasonable price. I'd check the transom to be sure it's solid.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
7/8/14 @ 11:28 AM
vegas492
vegas492
USER since 5/21/03
$20K is laughable.

Boat looks to be in good shape. Looks a little narrow compared to later model bass boats.

Engine is the wildcard. Gotta have that checked out. Big time.

Looks very clean.

Take it for a test drive, that'll tell you a lot about how it sits in the water, handles the water and just how good the engine still is.

Best advice on here would be to have a certified mechanic thoroughly check that thing over.

Post Your Comment
7/5/14 @ 2:01 PM
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
USER since 2/15/10
dont forget ebay some darn good boats on there for reasonable. my buddy got a 2009 ranger with a 250 etec on it for 14000 was a bank repo

Post Your Comment
7/4/14 @ 5:49 AM
JethroBodine
JethroBodine
USER since 12/21/01
There's no way that boat is worth even close to $20K.

It "may" be worth $6500, I'd take it to a Marine mechanic and get the compression and lower unit checked. (and have them look at the "re-applied gel coat" - why?- did it saturate and de-laminate?)

"Only used in bass tournaments" is about as hard of use as a boat can have. Those guys pre-fish a lot, and when they drive it's only at wide open throttle. They also pound their boats in rough water because it's not like the tournament get called off because it's a bad day.

Here's a good place to look at used bass boats:

http://www.bassboatcentral.com/boats4sale.htm

I've never heard of "Vision" boats and I've been looking at used boat ads every week on the internet for 15 years. (which is an odd hobby as my last three boats I bought new- but I like fishing boats)

Edited on 7/5/14 4:04 PM
Post Your Comment
7/3/14 @ 8:44 AM
nomadic eye
nomadic eye
USER since 8/6/11
http://bham.craigslist.org/boa/4550694356.html

you be the judge

Post Your Comment