Garmin echomap 73sv or Humminbird helix si?

3/26/16 @ 12:19 PM
ORIGINAL POST
jordan54
jordan54
USER since 2/9/07
looking at buying a new fish finder/ gps combo. I have narrowed it down to the Garmin echomap 73sv or the Helix 7 si combo. Has anyone had experience with either of these? Struggling to make up my mind on which one I want. Both are on sale with The Garmin being about $100 cheaper but don't want to go just on price.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 Posts
4/15/16 @ 6:56 AM
Tim Zwieg
Zwiegs
USER since 1/10/12
I have a number of Humminbirds. I've got a Helix7 SI with an ice Ducer, mostly bought this for the GPS for Ice Fishing. I also have an 859, and two Onyx's, can't forget the two Ice 55's either. Love all my birds.

Post Your Comment
3/31/16 @ 7:15 PM
Scott F
Scott F
USER since 6/12/10
Goosecaller, "if you are more concerned with the imaging etc., get the Helix......." What makes the Helix better than a Garmin with "imaging etc"?

Post Your Comment
3/31/16 @ 6:48 AM
Goosecaller
Goosecaller
MEMBER since 7/21/01
I have a Helix 7SI and I really like it. I too was heavily considering the Garmin, but after much investigation, it seemed as though, if you want the best GPS on your locator, get the Garmin, if you are more concerned with the imaging etc., get the Helix.......

Post Your Comment
3/30/16 @ 5:53 PM
jordan54
jordan54
USER since 2/9/07
After reading multiple forums and seeing the comments on here.. I am going to try the Garmins. They seem to be pretty nice. Besides can't beat the price. Thanks!!

Post Your Comment
3/27/16 @ 2:26 PM
Scott F
Scott F
USER since 6/12/10
The Garmin comes with several features that the Hummninbird does not. The Garmin has 17,000 lake maps built in where that's a $200 additional chip on the 'Bird. The Garmin also comes with Contours HD mapping that draws high definition maps in real time. No additional down loading to a computer. You can add a 360 degree transducer to the Garmin, not an option on the Helix.

Post Your Comment
3/26/16 @ 2:58 PM
Big_Shane
Big_Shane
USER since 3/26/15
My new boat is going to have a helix 7si on it once it gets shipped from Missouri. I went with bird mostly for the lakemaster chip. I've used lakemaster for the last 4 years. I do think Garmin sonar is superior to bird though.

Post Your Comment