FishHawk 1750 vs. SuperHawk 1700

4/7/16 @ 9:36 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Walleye Humble Novice
Walleye Humble Novice
USER since 2/5/13
Need some help from Crestliner owners or those who have ridden/fished out of them. I have found 2 used boats that I believe meet my needs and pocketbook range. Both are early 2000's models---one is a 1750 FishHawk the other a 1700 SuperHawk. From what I can tell, the biggest difference is in the deadrise. I plan on mainly fishing 'Bago & Poygan with it (mostly trolling), my question is will I notice a big difference with the deepness of the SuperHawk vs. the slightly wider beam on the FishHawk? I do NOT run my boats hard in heavy chop, but wondering the difference in ride at ~ 20-25 mph in 2 footers on 'Bago? Also, any significant differences in layout that people find benefit of one over the other? Thanks in advance for any insight any one can provide.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 Posts
5/20/16 @ 9:35 PM
sloshkosh
sloshkosh
USER since 3/30/04

I am a new owner of a 2002 1750 fish hawk.   Its got a 90 merc 2 stroke and alone i do 40.   With 2 guys 36.  Hole shot is excellent and I have zero complaints about the boat so far.    

Post Your Comment
5/20/16 @ 8:53 PM
MrEsox
MrEsox
USER since 9/4/05

Have personally owned both boats you are looking at. The Superhawk will be far superior in the end. I fish Poygan and bago alot. You can leave in calm water and end up in 3 footers very quickly. You didn`t mention casting either. This would tell me the same answer. Max out the hp. The Crestliner can take it and you may need it.

Post Your Comment
5/18/16 @ 7:32 PM
mopesrus
mopesrus
USER since 4/8/13

I have a 2015 Fishawk 1750 w/Merc 115 four stroke.  LOVE IT! It suits my family's needs very well.  We've had it on some big water in it's first year, Lake Michigan, Green Lake, Lake Geneva, etc. Never a problem on rough water. Lots of room, plenty of power, very comfortable.

Post Your Comment
4/17/16 @ 7:47 AM
mattg589
mattg589
USER since 2/27/05
I have a 2005 FishHawk 1850 and mainly fish Winnebago. I have been out in some pretty rough weather and it always handled it well. I know it's not the exact boat that you are looking at, but the quality of Crestliner is very impressive to me.

Post Your Comment
4/11/16 @ 12:16 PM
Tim Zwieg
Zwiegs
USER since 1/10/12
Personally if I were fishing Bago, I would go with the one that has more dead rise. I think that is the Superhawk, but I am not positive on that.

Post Your Comment
4/8/16 @ 8:39 AM
Laker11
Laker11
USER since 2/9/08
I had a FishHawk 1750 for many years, good boat. Fished mostly Green Bay but just like any boat have to be careful with North winds on the East side. The 90 hp 4 stroke had more than enough power to get it up to 36 mph. Lots of storage, good layout with a big livewell in the back. Don't know anything about the SuperHawk.

Post Your Comment