MORE
Boats & Motors

Etec 60 tiller

12/21/17 @ 8:43 PM
INITIAL POST
fishiz2
fishiz2
User since 7/1/03

Thinking about a new 60 etec tiller, any reviews or comments about the motor ??

Displaying 1 to 15 of 22 posts
2/25/18 @ 12:09 PM
bigwoods
User since 1/23/12

Have a 2013 with app 40 hours I am impressed!  Updating this year with a 2018 rig

2/24/18 @ 11:41 PM
17wrench
User since 9/2/15

Evinrude World Head Quarters is located in Sturtevant, WI.

Yes- they are owned by BRP and all the Canadians I work with there are great people!

2/1/18 @ 6:55 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07

1,200 hours on my 2010 Etec.  

I can't tell you how pleased I am with this motor.  Lighter than the competition, lot's of get up and go, winterizes itself, same fuel economy as a 4 stroke, smooth idle, maintenance every 3-years (although I do change the oil in the lower unit yearly - I'm a tad OCD that way), starts right up every time (even after a 5 month Winter nap), low emissions - just a great motor.  

I'm sold after this one, I won't own a different motor.  

1/31/18 @ 9:12 PM
GUDSUN
User since 2/25/02

I was looking for a 40 hp to replace my old 40 hp 80's vintage mariner, what a dog.

Bought a new in the box 30 hp Etec last spring, not a current years model/color, but who cares. Got a good deal on it and I can hardly tell the difference with the less hp. With the Etec being lighter and just plain running better, maybe a little loss at the top end.

Starts immediately, much quieter, and I used way way way less gas and no more mixing oil with the injection. I absolutely love it and it is amazing how low you can throttle this thing and it keeps running.

Had a choice to get a 50 hp but that was too much for my 16', would have killed myself. The 40-60 hp weight went up compared to the 30 and they didn't come with a prop or gas tank/lines like the 30 did.

Have to  get used to the location of the new controls and the tiller handle is a bit longer than the old one which bumps my seat if I don't tilt it up some.

1/8/18 @ 1:02 PM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

The self winterization of an Etec is definitely appealing

1/5/18 @ 1:14 PM
Cambridge
User since 3/21/14

Althought not a tiller, but I love my 115 Etec. As all etec owners know, very reliable, simple maintenance (or none for 3 years) torquey, fast.  Love watching the youtube videos of etec's destroying the 4 stroke competition!

1/1/18 @ 1:06 PM
fishiz2
fishiz2
User since 7/1/03

I am going to pair the 60 HO with a mirro craft 167 T outfitter. I mainly fish Petenwell and the river system above and below it with the occasional small lake thrown in on windy days. The HO should be better when I pull boards or when I make the run from the county park to the river. 

1/1/18 @ 11:25 AM
CHISEL
PRO MEMBER User since 6/19/01

I have had a 75hp Etec tiller for 3 yrs now. Love the way you just get in the boat, turn the key, and it starts instantly no choking required. It also is very economical on gas way better than any of my past motors I've owned. Definitely would recommend the Etec    

12/31/17 @ 11:47 PM
GRANDAD
User since 6/1/09

I have a 50 ETec tiller,the 2 cyl.Love it! Bought it at Daves in Appleton,best price and real honest and friendly people! The idiots in SE? Wi. Would not even talk to me,I called the Company in Sturvent and complained about the total non intrest of the dealers in the area,guess they did not want my money! Grandad

12/25/17 @ 9:33 AM
Highthrust
PRO MEMBER User since 1/21/13

There are two Etec 60hp motors. Both are good motors. The standard 60 is a two cylinder. The 60HO is a 3 cyl. If you can swing the $ and the extra weight - the HO is great. I've run both. The 3cyl is a little smoother than the 2cyl but 85 lbs heavier. I believe you'll have to have the tiller installed as an accessory. 

The self winterization and touch troll speed control are great features.

12/22/17 @ 9:59 PM
Ursela2
User since 5/8/07

nice icebelt, i have a 225 optimax, a 9.9 merc kicker and love em no doubt!  but my etec on my war eagle rocks!!

12/22/17 @ 9:10 PM
Ursela2
User since 5/8/07

Thanks icebelt, I tried to do my best diligence, I researched all of them, yammie, honda, mercury, suzuki, etc!  would rather go american when i can!

12/22/17 @ 8:13 PM
Ursela2
User since 5/8/07

Also not sure if you picked a dealer or not but I would suggest checking with multiple dealers on pricing, since its a tiller there isnt any rigging just mounting.  I got quotes from 10 different etec dealers and the price ranged over $1200 difference.  I bought mine in WI Rapids for the lowest price quoted and it was built and shipped from the Sturtevant factory that week.  Alot of etec guys out there with awesome reviews, hope your purchase goes well, 

12/22/17 @ 1:51 PM
fishiz2
fishiz2
User since 7/1/03

Wow, great info. Looks like a etec 60HO is in my future thanks !

12/22/17 @ 1:23 PM
MileMark_714
MileMark_714
User since 12/26/10

I would go with the 60HO.3-cylinder smooth with lots of power.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 22 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE